Author Topic: New coaching in the MVFC  (Read 9186 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
New coaching in the MVFC
« on: December 15, 2012, 09:42:51 AM »
Wow, Miles going to Georgia State. Lots of cash in that program, Miles is going places. However, ISU hired Mike Sanford from Utah State. Wow, I honestly though that they were taking Shane Montgomery. Sanford runs a really high-powered offense (like coach M).

Leathernecks interviewing three top-notch candidates. Bill Cubit should get the job, but you really have to like Bob Neilson ...what a stud. If you are looking to build a consistent play-off caliber program ..he is the man for the job. I cannot believe he is considering leaving UMD. David Brown is currently the head coach at Missouri S&T. who has had huge success. He comes from OU, and I really would have hoped we could pull him to our program as a DC, but he is a head-coach now & interviewing for a job at a great program in WIU. Any one of these guys is a great choice for the Leathernecks. Coaching levels are really going up in the conference.

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: New coaching in the MVFC
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 08:14:54 AM »
Wow, Miles going to Georgia State. Lots of cash in that program, Miles is going places. However, ISU hired Mike Sanford from Utah State. Wow, I honestly though that they were taking Shane Montgomery. Sanford runs a really high-powered offense (like coach M).

Leathernecks interviewing three top-notch candidates. Bill Cubit should get the job, but you really have to like Bob Neilson ...what a stud. If you are looking to build a consistent play-off caliber program ..he is the man for the job. I cannot believe he is considering leaving UMD. David Brown is currently the head coach at Missouri S&T. who has had huge success. He comes from OU, and I really would have hoped we could pull him to our program as a DC, but he is a head-coach now & interviewing for a job at a great program in WIU. Any one of these guys is a great choice for the Leathernecks. Coaching levels are really going up in the conference.
Here's hoping someone offers Bohl a nice contract....

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 08:17:44 AM »
Nah ...he is going to retire a Bison.

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2012, 09:49:17 AM »
Wow, Miles going to Georgia State. Lots of cash in that program, Miles is going places. However, ISU hired Mike Sanford from Utah State. Wow, I honestly though that they were taking Shane Montgomery. Sanford runs a really high-powered offense (like coach M).Leathernecks interviewing three top-notch candidates. Bill Cubit should get the job, but you really have to like Bob Neilson ...what a stud. If you are looking to build a consistent play-off caliber program ..he is the man for the job. I cannot believe he is considering leaving UMD. David Brown is currently the head coach at Missouri S&T. who has had huge success. He comes from OU, and I really would have hoped we could pull him to our program as a DC, but he is a head-coach now & interviewing for a job at a great program in WIU. Any one of these guys is a great choice for the Leathernecks. Coaching levels are really going up in the conference.

High powered offense  ???  Probably didn't take Monty because they actually wanted to have a consistent offense that could win against a team above .500 in their league :-\ I wonder if anybody came calling for the Wolfman  ;D

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2012, 02:22:30 PM »
Wonder if he will go back to Wisky.  The badgers need a coach

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2012, 09:13:10 AM »
Wonder if he will go back to Wisky.  The badgers need a coach
I heard they were getting the guy from Utah State...dang.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2013, 05:39:43 AM »
North Dakota State University and head football coach Craig Bohl have agreed to an eight-year contract extension that runs from 2013 to 2021.

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2013, 02:57:55 PM »
North Dakota State University and head football coach Craig Bohl have agreed to an eight-year contract extension that runs from 2013 to 2021.

What's the chance of NDSU winning the NC 10 years in a row?  :(

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2013, 08:42:49 PM »

About the same as me dating Peggy Fleming!
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2013, 10:28:13 PM »
Bohl had better worry about championship #2 tomorrow before he thinks about #3 through #10.  Sam Houston is another team with a high powered offense, they have had one year to prepare to face the great NDSU defense, and NDSU is outside of their gym.  Georgia Southern would have beaten NDSU at a neutral site.

Offline ysuindy

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2013, 11:33:31 PM »

Peggy Fleming!  A blast from the past.  Probably send some readers to Google. 

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2013, 07:44:46 AM »

Hey!! Where are you and Ole' Peg going on your first date   8)

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2013, 07:47:34 AM »
Bohl had better worry about championship #2 tomorrow before he thinks about #3 through #10.  Sam Houston is another team with a high powered offense, they have had one year to prepare to face the great NDSU defense, and NDSU is outside of their gym.  Georgia Southern would have beaten NDSU at a neutral site.

Yea... I bet Coach Bohl lost sleep with all these high powered Offensives running around the FCS LOL!! NDSU played a bad game against GSU and still won. Similar to the Indy State game, except GSU had no "D". By the looks of things NDSU will get 5 rings before the Guins  :-X
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 07:49:22 AM by ysubigred »

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2013, 08:36:31 AM »
You are right Red. Even if we do make the post-season one of these years ...there is now no-one that has seen a post-season game ...so it would take a few years just to get back in the play-off "groove". Something NDSU has regular been in ...even as a DII team.

Offline ysuindy

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2013, 09:14:21 AM »
Saw someone throw Boll's name out for Syracuse - based solely on him being a native of the Northeast.