Author Topic: football all-American teams  (Read 4671 times)

Offline guin52

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
football all-American teams
« on: December 14, 2012, 09:39:57 AM »
Looking at the all-American teams it appears that no player from YSU is represented, everyone says our talent level is up it doesn' appear anybody else thinks so.

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: football all-American teams
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 11:38:59 AM »
Looking at the all-American teams it appears that no player from YSU is represented, everyone says our talent level is up it doesn' appear anybody else thinks so.

Like I pointed out earlier; We have all time leaders/record breakers in YSU history at QB and TB but nothing to show for it  team wise :'(
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 02:26:39 PM by ysubigred »

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 12:28:23 PM »
"Talent level is up" is highly subjective.  Is the level better than when Wolford arrived?  I would answer - yes.  Does the talent match the level of the many All-Americans from the Tressel years?  I would answer - no.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, 01:57:47 PM »
Really surprised Cook isn't on there..... Heck of a RB. Will go down as one of the best at YSU

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2012, 02:51:26 PM »
Really surprised Cook isn't on there..... Heck of a RB. Will go down as one of the best at YSU

No doubt Cook was good.  Should see him show up on an NFL roster.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2012, 09:23:24 AM »
"Talent level is up" is highly subjective.  Is the level better than when Wolford arrived?  I would answer - yes.  Does the talent match the level of the many All-Americans from the Tressel years?  I would answer - no.

I would not agree. The individual talent-level is up in some cases. However, the team talent-level is not there. Unfortunately that is a sign of coaching. As to recruiting ...we have yet to recruit a team. Or maybe we have and the coaching is not providing a "team" environment for them to flourish. The former coaches players continue to be the stars (or at least the best players); when they were shunned, just two-years ago, by this coaching staff.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 08:20:14 AM by IAA Fan »

Offline guin52

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2012, 07:42:36 AM »
I tend to agree and it seems that JH's rap was that he couldn't recruit but a couple guys in the NFL and still the majority of YSU's better players are his as well, maybe he was a little better than he was given credit for.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2012, 10:55:59 AM »

No doubt Cook was good.  Should see him show up on an NFL roster.

Cook may have a shot at a practice squad in the NFL, but I do not belive that he is fast enough or explosive enough to make it as a starter on an NFL roster.  He is a great back and he is powerful, but I just don't see it.