Author Topic: Fans  (Read 4931 times)

Offline YSU1

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Fans
« on: November 11, 2012, 08:20:41 PM »
U-Mass at Akron....7.000 fans. Not sure if that is actual attendance or tickets sold.  Could have only been 5000.
Kent State at Miami.  Paper said 13,000 but looking at the stands they had less than 10,000.
Our attendance is not that bad.
I do want to get back to the play-offs  (someday)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 08:21:23 PM by YSU1 »

Online guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Fans
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 08:34:48 PM »
U-Mass at Akron....7.000 fans. Not sure if that is actual attendance or tickets sold.  Could have only been 5000.
Kent State at Miami.  Paper said 13,000 but looking at the stands they had less than 10,000.
Our attendance is not that bad.
I do want to get back to the play-offs  (someday)

With money the way it is now days, and multitude of venues there are to spend it, those numbers do  not surprise me. To get past those hardcore fans and draw the big numbers you have to win and convince the casual fans that it is worth spending their time and money to see YSU play - in the cold and rain etc.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline nova75

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 09:17:57 PM »
YSU announces 13,000 when there are 60% of that there.

FYI...kent is #25 in the AP poll.

Offline ysuindy

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2012, 09:33:17 PM »
Speaking of disappointing attendance

My son and I were down in Philly over the weekend, looking at a certain school on the Main Line. 

A mostly cloudy day, mid-50's, no breeze.  Great weather for November 10.

#21 team at 6-3 hosting #9 at 7-2 on Senior Day.  I will give Nova's alma mater credit for announcing what looked to be close to the actual attendance - 6,617.  That total easily included more than 1,000 JMU fans.  I was shocked that there were not more people there.   We could not get a ticket to Friday night's sold out basketball game against Division II University of District Columbia - but plenty of football tickets available. - $15 tickets.

We ended up going down to the Palestra Friday night instead.  One item off the bucket list, although I think I need to see a Big 5 game for it really to count.  Maybe if the kid ends up going there, I will get that done.

Offline nova75

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2012, 09:37:25 PM »
I agree. That has been going on since I went there. Waaaay too much going on in the Philly area. No one cares except families and football alumni. On a serious note, send me a private message if you need any insight on the school or the area.

Offline HLecter

• Emperor Penguin
  • I HATE MIAMI.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2012, 02:04:42 PM »

My son and I were down in Philly over the weekend, looking at a certain school on the Main Line. 

#21 team at 6-3 hosting #9 at 7-2 on Senior Day.  I will give Nova's alma mater credit for announcing what looked to be close to the actual attendance - 6,617.  That total easily included more than 1,000 JMU fans.  I was shocked that there were not more people there.   We could not get a ticket to Friday night's sold out basketball game against Division II University of District Columbia - but plenty of football tickets available. - $15 tickets.

We ended up going down to the Palestra Friday night instead.  One item off the bucket list, although I think I need to see a Big 5 game for it really to count.  Maybe if the kid ends up going there, I will get that done.

did some of the football fans dress in blazers and khakis?  Wives in plaid skirts?  Camembert and the delightful Chardonnay in the stands?   I hated that place to watch football.
I HATE MIAMI.  WATERBOARDING IS NOT TORTURE.  ABORTION IS.

I missed a four-footer for par the other day--THAT DAMN BUSH!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, 08:39:29 AM »

did some of the football fans dress in blazers and khakis?  Wives in plaid skirts?  Camembert and the delightful Chardonnay in the stands?   I hated that place to watch football.

I loved it there. We had great success there. I enjoy wine as much as the next guy, but maybe something sparking mixed in my OJ is better for football :) I will stay off the subject of those plaid skirts though ...this is a family board ;)