Author Topic: USD In Game Thread  (Read 11570 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
USD In Game Thread
« on: November 03, 2012, 02:09:57 PM »
Here we go

Offline Pizza

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: USD In Game Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 03:09:44 PM »
Lots of interest. 1 reply by half????     Mine???......Many smarter folks on this forum than Pizza.....LOL.....Wonder what the gate $$$ looks like today. On homecoming.

Go guins. Defense is playing well (much better).....so we can lay off the defense for a weekend thank you.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 03:12:58 PM by Pizza »

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 03:23:17 PM »
We have completely unraveled, regressed, reverted....what ever you want to call it into a High School team.  we can't even kick the PAT today.  We have fumbled twice (luckily got the ball back) and thrown and INT.  The riverboat gambling returned and we gave up at least 3 points because of the play calling.  We are physically better than this team, but I am starting to think that perhaps we just do not have the talent.  Today, although we are not playing well, look superior, the many of us thought we would look against the rest of the FCS earlier in the season.  Just my $.02

Offline Pizza

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 03:27:19 PM »
Whats the crowd look like. Actual attendance....(not seats sold or distributued).

Thank You.

Offline Pizza

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2012, 05:12:26 PM »
Ironic the sun and warmer weather came out "after the game".

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2012, 05:44:18 PM »
We got very lucky today.   Nice going Wolford trying to kick a 45 yard FG when we cannot even make the extra point.   That block and TD 1 minute later almost cost us the game.   We are not a good team at all. 

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2012, 06:11:15 PM »
Whats the crowd look like. Actual attendance....(not seats sold or distributued).

Thank You.
I was at the game. We might have 7000 - 8000 people. We had too many major penalties. I could not believe that Wolf went for a 45 years field goal. Special team did not execute well. Our punt from mid-field ended up in the end zone. A few plays after the blocked field goal, they ran the ball up the middle for 25 yards for a TD with at least 5 of our players missing the tackles. Defense played much better except they had some trouble tackling their QB in 2Q & 3 Q. We made some adjustments and we were able to controlled him in the 4Q. No. 2 needed to throw the option pass away when our receiver was double covered. Hess was not very sharp today except for short passes. Many 10 yard + passes were either high or low. Offense is not in sync and I do not believe Hess has attempted any deep passes. a win is a win. But was ugly.

Offline dwj

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2012, 08:17:41 PM »
The two worst defenses in the MVFC in a defensive game.   

We have no defense and now our offense has disappeared.  13 points against a defense that is worst than ours.

SD in basically a D2 team.  If we had played a team with any offense at all we would lost by 21.

Offline HLecter

• Emperor Penguin
  • I HATE MIAMI.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2012, 08:40:45 PM »
42 carries for cook???  I guess Pace Bellamy and Hymes didn't play much?   42 carries is unreal.
I HATE MIAMI.  WATERBOARDING IS NOT TORTURE.  ABORTION IS.

I missed a four-footer for par the other day--THAT DAMN BUSH!

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2012, 09:48:10 PM »
13-10??? This team had only 1 win correct?? What a shame. And to think Indiana State lost today so if we win out we could get in the playoffs.... Wow

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2012, 10:03:36 PM »
42 carries for cook???  I guess Pace Bellamy and Hymes didn't play much?   42 carries is unreal.
I believe Pace had 5 carries, Bellamy had 2 carreis and Hymes was back at kick off return only without any yards. Pace ran well.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2012, 11:23:02 PM »
Simply a disgrace. What did we lose coach M? Why did we go to base DII offense, after Hess was executing fairly-well in the second half last week? Defense is not good. Look a stop should be the norm ...we should not be getting excited over this. Actually with ISU losing, we are out. We would need to beat a better team to get in. I hate to say it, but I do not want in. I am not going to see my team up against a ranked team & be blown out by an ex-A10 squad. Or worse, a Southland club.

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2012, 12:37:56 AM »
No one is going to have to worry about beating ISU if we keep playing like this!

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2012, 12:43:46 AM »
The defense is getting better, you have to admit. It couldn't get much worse. Offense needs fixed NOW

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2012, 07:09:46 AM »
The defense is getting better, you have to admit. It couldn't get much worse. Offense needs fixed NOW
The play calling was terrible. I don't believe they allow Hess to attemp any long passes. The only long pass was thrown on an option play by a receiver. We were happy to grind it out with Cookie and we lost our quick strike capability. SD had 9 men inside 5 yards of LOS and the other 2 were within 10 yards of LOS. Our underneath receivers were blanked throughout the game. With this type of controlled offense, we cannot score more than 28 points. Without ability to overcome  turn-overs and major penalties, we would lose at least 14 points per game. The coaches were so concerned with Hess throwing INTs, no long passing plays were called. Hess was no longer effective. If this is the scenario, they might as well bench him and put somebody else in. We will not win any game scoring 14 points against good 1AA teams.