Author Topic: Fire Wolford  (Read 11053 times)

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Wolford
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2012, 10:54:09 PM »
Mangino and Wolford are friends.  When Mangino and Kansas parted ways (the year after the orange bowl game), I saw Mangino at a YSU game and congratulated him for his success.  He did a lot with a lot less talent there.  I asked him what he was doing at the game and he told me that he was giving Wolford a hand.  I haven't seen him since.

"I haven't seen him since"......not GOOD.

Wonder WHY ??

I had to move away from the area in the last year and a half so I am somewhat out of touch, so he may still be giving advice...I just don't know.

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2012, 12:12:26 PM »
Who's going to contact the NCAA about appealing a show cause penalty?

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2012, 01:59:05 PM »
We have a talent issue at DB.  I disagree with Pengupowers assessment.  Countless times we can't make a tackle due to lack of size etc.  Same for the lbs.  There is a lack of football instincts too and throw in some weak coaching and u have a mess
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2012, 03:53:09 PM »
We have a talent issue at DB.  I disagree with Pengupowers assessment.  Countless times we can't make a tackle due to lack of size etc.  Same for the lbs.  There is a lack of football instincts too and throw in some weak coaching and u have a mess

I didn't say that we don't have a talent issue at DB, what I said is that I can't tell if we have a talent issue at the DB's becuase they don't play in position well enough for me to see if they can compete.  they are usually far away from the receiver but able to catch them after they let them get behind.  However, sometimes they let them get behind them so far that they can't catch them.  I just can't tell.

I did say we are undersized at LB. and lack talent on the DL and WR.  We are jsut badly coached at DB and I can't see how far the talent is out kilter.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 03:54:45 PM by penguinpower »