Author Topic: Mutiny?  (Read 6539 times)

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Mutiny?
« on: October 27, 2012, 04:58:23 PM »
Something is up in that locker room.  They cannot hide it any more.  No effort.   None
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 06:46:54 PM by penguinpower »

Offline Pengwinz1

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Mutiny?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2012, 05:36:10 PM »
mutiny, by who?

Offline nova75

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2012, 06:15:22 PM »
If you're implying that the players are not trying or tanking on purpose, then that could be one of the dumbest things ever posted on this board! ;D

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2012, 06:35:11 PM »
Power,

Honestly, I don't see a lack of effort.  I see a fatal lack of talent.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2012, 06:38:36 PM »
The team we played against was no good at all.  I don't understand.  We are not that bad.  The secondary let their receivers get behind us.  That is not a talent issue.  The DL may have a talent issue, and the WR's may have a talent issue, but they don't play assignment sound.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 06:46:09 PM by penguinpower »

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2012, 06:57:09 PM »
They are still playing hard but not playing well. Defense backs were giving up too many big plays. Dug a big hole early with too many turnovers which we did not make in the first 4 games.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2012, 07:10:06 PM »
Guys, I'll repeat a question that I posed about a week ago.  Is there anybody on this defense that could have played on the championship teams of the 90s?  I don't see any.  Secondary gets burned because they are not very good.  D-line cannot get pressure because they are not very good.  Linebackers tackle poorly and cannot cover any receiver darting across the middle because they are not very good.  We are giving up about 40 points per game to every league opponent.  That is pathetic, even as the suddenly inept offense contributes to the free-fall.  This has become the nightmare that will not end.  And it won't end until the conclusion of the 2014 season plus about three more years as the new guy (heaven help him) tries to dig out of this mess.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 07:12:02 PM by Wick250 »

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2012, 07:22:42 PM »
The team we played against was no good at all ...

Most important sentence about this game. This SDSU team was:

1. Worst QB in the conference
2. Worst return teams in the conference (punt, not kick).
3. They had only a single receiver in the top-20 (#19). That is conference, not national.
4. Last in the conference in total offense.
5. Last in forced fumbles & fumbles recovered.
6. They had 12 INT's going into today's contest ...12.

Heck if it was not for our awful defensive stats and MSU's awful everything else ..SDSU would be nowhere.
Yet somehow we manage to allow 35+ points in the first-half for the third time.

I am uncertain about coach M after the last couple of games, but I would still advise Mr. Strollo to remove Wolford and make coach Montgomery the interim head-coach. Hopefully he will prove to be able to keep the job, and I hope he does.

The mutiny is with the fan-base.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 07:24:24 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline Pita

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2012, 07:58:59 PM »
From an over 80 year old WOMAN, if a member
of my team could not SACK the quarterback of
the opposing team once in a game, I'd tell the
team "the party is over"....coaches had better hang
up their hats.  AMEN

Because of my being a devoted fan, I'll not post
what I am thinking. 

Congratulations Kent State on your win today.

GO PENGUINS

Offline Pizza

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2012, 05:52:50 PM »
Guys, I'll repeat a question that I posed about a week ago.  Is there anybody on this defense that could have played on the championship teams of the 90s?  I don't see any.  Secondary gets burned because they are not very good.  D-line cannot get pressure because they are not very good.  Linebackers tackle poorly and cannot cover any receiver darting across the middle because they are not very good.  We are giving up about 40 points per game to every league opponent.  That is pathetic, even as the suddenly inept offense contributes to the free-fall.  This has become the nightmare that will not end.  And it won't end until the conclusion of the 2014 season plus about three more years as the new guy (heaven help him) tries to dig out of this mess.

Wick,

Thats pretty fatalistic IMHO.

I will agree we are going in the wrong direction.

It is better to be "Loved" than to be "Feared". (Sounds corney for a football message board I understand).

An athlete will play very hard when in "fear" of the coach or in "fear" of losing his job.

But a player who "loves" and "respects" his coach, will run thru a brick wall for his coach.

How many kids from YSU will do that right now?? I dunno.

It's easier to instill "fear", than to develop "passion".

« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 06:26:53 PM by Pizza »

Offline SoupCity

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2012, 10:44:59 AM »
Pizza,  what an absolutely perfect comment.  I've been looking for those exact words for weeks now and always succumbed to my anger.  But you posted exactly what I was feeling.

I would really like to know the answer, I think most would be very surprised at the number of kids who choose not to run thru that wall.

Great Post!!!!!!