Author Topic: Southern Illinois at YSU  (Read 15151 times)

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Southern Illinois at YSU
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2012, 04:39:05 PM »
I don't know about that Wick: I only saw a part of it, but Faulkner did well against that poor UNI defense ...Faulkner threw for 384 yards & was 16 of 19 in the process. He reminds me of Nick Hill, if you remember him. Hill was the Salukis QB, about 4 or 5 years ago.

Also, SIU had 5-sacks against UNI, and 3-sacks against Illinois State the week prior.  They shut-out ILS. Our defense sure did not do that.

I really think these guys (Salukis) have "turned the corner".

Fan,

Where did you pull 384 yards from?  They only had 288 total yards of offense in that game compared to UNI's 417.  UNI's backs Johnson and Anderson averaged 7.4 and 6.2 yards per carry against them, but they fumbled 3 times.  You're spot on the sack numbers, so we'll have to emphasize the run, and stay out of 3rd and long.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2012, 06:33:33 AM »
I don't know about that Wick: I only saw a part of it, but Faulkner did well against that poor UNI defense ...Faulkner threw for 384 yards & was 16 of 19 in the process. He reminds me of Nick Hill, if you remember him. Hill was the Salukis QB, about 4 or 5 years ago.

Also, SIU had 5-sacks against UNI, and 3-sacks against Illinois State the week prior.  They shut-out ILS. Our defense sure did not do that.

I really think these guys (Salukis) have "turned the corner".

Fan,

Where did you pull 384 yards from?  They only had 288 total yards of offense in that game compared to UNI's 417.  UNI's backs Johnson and Anderson averaged 7.4 and 6.2 yards per carry against them, but they fumbled 3 times.  You're spot on the sack numbers, so we'll have to emphasize the run, and stay out of 3rd and long.

Good point. Sorry, I gave the stats of the SeMS game. He was 16-20 for 135-yards against UNI. 88-yards rushing.

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2012, 01:52:45 PM »
Guins 28 - 20

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2012, 07:44:41 PM »
Funny how Teven #3, goes from being our leading tackler last year as a freshman to our biggest weakness at LB this year....

With all due respect if Im not mistaken our defense "last year" wasnt that great at all and a big reason why we finished 6-5 and out of the playoffs. Just because he played last year and led the team in tackles ( which he should being he's the MLB) really doesnt hide the fact that he is in over his head especially in pass coverage (which many of the teams in this league do last I checked). The fact that the coaches continue to put him out there is a joke! All anyone "with eyes" has to do is look at the game tape because the "tape dont lie." The game that we actually won and #3 Teven didnt start against UNI is only more proof that he shouldnt be starting. If Im not mistaken #10 Ali was right there on the last play to help preserve the win against the Panthers (the first in the last 11 yrs I might add). The funny thing is the fact that they continue to even have him #3 out there seriously.  :o
Interesting...I agree, what do we see the coaches do not? Maybe someone is a practice all-american but mediocre on gameday? cough - arron marshall syndrome - cough

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2012, 01:11:04 AM »
WR Michael Wheary is not playing today just an FYI

Offline YGUINSNO1

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2012, 09:33:47 AM »
Lets Go Guins!!      ;)

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2012, 09:45:01 AM »

Any update on Radakovich or Sirl?

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2012, 12:13:13 PM »

Any update on Radakovich or Sirl?

Not sure about Sirl, but Kyle Bryant is starting instead of Radakovich

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2012, 07:14:54 PM »
Was the loss solely on the shoulders of the qback? 

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2012, 10:45:30 PM »
Was the loss solely on the shoulders of the qback?

Although more today than usual ...no. Yet Hess was not pulled for the second week ? Why? Sometimes you need fresh meat on the table ...even if it is just for a series.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2012, 11:07:41 PM »
I am pretty sure Hess had a concussion. He got knocked around, especially on those two plays. Looked confused and dis oriented out there. Angle shoud have been in

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2012, 11:13:51 PM »

I think that you are right.  After the play that he had his helmet ripped off, Hess looked lost and disoriented.  Where was the training staff or the team physician?  Tonight I will bet that he cannot play next week....not that it matters any longer.