Author Topic: YSU The FANS!! Really?!?!  (Read 3650 times)

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
YSU The FANS!! Really?!?!
« on: October 15, 2012, 10:00:18 AM »
I've been holding off on this post until the ship was sinking.

The day YSU beat Pitt I called my brother and said we are in trouble now! The expectations the fans will have of this team because they beat Pitt will be unbearable. In reality Pitt would finish between 4 - 7th in the MVFC.

1. Hell we beat a very good Albany team and all I read was a bunch of b****ing about the defense.
  a. Truth: YSU would have lost that game if Albany had the depth. They made the adjustments to YSU's offense. The Albany coaching staff shut YSU down in the second half.

2. NDSU wanted redemption and YSU was not ready for the on slough. Where did the emotions go at YSU especially with the football team.
  a. Truth: Total team melt down. NDSU's coaches figured out YSU offense in about 7 minutes of the game.

3. ISUr playing desperate at home after an embarrassing loss on home coming.
  a. Truth: ISUr's coaching staff took about 27 minutes to figure out YSU's offense and shut them down.

Bottom Line: The Coaching staff has some accountability issues and won't man up to that. What is the strength of this team (offense) is always figured out by a better coaching staff and sadly the defense is not a priority anymore and has to suffer through the coaches inability to make adjustments and changes necessary to keep offensive number high. Look back throughout the last two seasons of statistical data, it's plain to see that the OC/team can't get it done for one whole game (4 qtrs) in this league. The only time this is accomplished is against lesser competition (Valpo x 2, St Francis, WIU last year). In a perfect world YSU's Defense could play lights out and hold leads for 2 or more qtrs. Wolf has recruited well on paper but it appears to me they're paper tigers and don't have football toughness. All very good athletes, fast good kids, but the hardnosed slobber knocking football skills are not there.  A thought I had, was to slow down on recruiting the local talent (best is usually picked over anyways) and southern speed burners. Let's go out and get some of the mid-western corn feed kids that have the above mentioned skills.

Let's keep the faith. We have some work to do and can do wonderful in the playoffs. It's time to stop beating up the offense and defense players and let the coaches know we'll support them "IF" they do what's necessary to make positive changes because what was working is now broke. 9-2 is obtainable stay positive and as always GoooooooGuins!!

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: YSU The FANS!! Really?!?!
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 10:16:20 AM »
Some interesting thoughts. The conference is pretty wide open and we can beat anyone if we can play 60 minutes.

That doesn't seem to happen nearly enough though. This week will be interesting. Will we make any types of changes or more of the same?

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, 01:27:13 PM »
Wolf has recruited well on paper but it appears to me they're paper tigers and don't have football toughness. All very good athletes, fast good kids, but the hardnosed slobber knocking football skills are not there.
I could not have agreed with you more. Having all the physical attributes (weight, Height & speed) does not necessarily make the person a better player. You still need the playing skills, mental toughest/quickness, ability to apply and adapt. We have, on paper, lots of players with great physical attributes but they are lacking skill, mental quickness and ability to apply in a game situation. Jimmy Hines had great physical attributes but lack the skill set. Being the fastest human for 15 years after with winning the Olympic 100 meters race. He never made it to football as a wide receiver since he could not catch the ball or comprehend the game. He was nick named "oops Hines". It seems that we might have a lot of "oops Hines" on our team.

Offline HLecter

• Emperor Penguin
  • I HATE MIAMI.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2012, 01:56:25 PM »
Good Post Red!
I HATE MIAMI.  WATERBOARDING IS NOT TORTURE.  ABORTION IS.

I missed a four-footer for par the other day--THAT DAMN BUSH!