Author Topic: Vindicator Story: _ Penguins defenders are struggling again  (Read 9637 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Re: Vindicator Story: _ Penguins defenders are struggling again
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2012, 08:45:13 AM »
Ironic....guys that regularly call out player's performances by name on a website under user names are upset that a sports writer using his real name did the same thing in a very sparsley read paper? Hmmmm

We are not a newspaper ...different standards at play. I honestly have no real issue with the comment in the Vindy either ...he named some players (in a list) that are on defense; he did not single-them-out. However I fully understand where people could be upset. Many of your major papers will put stats of particular players in an articles. Look at ARod. You knew he was going to be pulled. He is not a good fielder & was not hitting; so what purpose does he serve? So they used the media to publish "their stats" to make their justifications.

I guess the decision maybe should be made of pros vs. amateurs? In any case, we need to be happy that Joe is writing for the Vindicator. That paper had been ignoring us for some time until he came along. I am very happy to see it. Now what can we do about the Trib? Maybe if we called it "Warren High football" they might cover it?  ::)  Maybe it is because their main writer went to the Vindicator?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 09:02:26 AM by IAA Fan »

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Vindicator Story: _ Penguins defenders are struggling again
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2012, 09:34:49 AM »
Ironic....guys that regularly call out player's performances by name on a website under user names are upset that a sports writer using his real name did the same thing in a very sparsley read paper? Hmmmm

You talking to me  8)

I'll throw a coaches name out there but, I only use players names for kudo's.
Whoever recruited these LBs should be fired.  If it's Wolford then he should be fired.  They are bad.

^^That is acceptable ^^  fb In the article "Coach" said the LB's are better  ;D If was fireing anybody it would be the Oline coach  :'(
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 09:37:35 AM by ysubigred »