Author Topic: Additional Tailgating Available for Saturday's Showdown Between UNI-YSU  (Read 3063 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
In response to great demand from the "Penguin Nation", the Youngstown State University Department of Athletics is opening a third tailgate lot for this Saturday's clash of top 10 FCS teams when Youngstown State plays host to UNI.

The fourth-ranked Penguins, who will be going for their best start to a season since 2001, play host to the Panthers in what is the 200th game in Stambaugh Stadium history. Kickoff is set for 7:05 p.m.

The YSU Athletic Department is allowing tailgating in the M-26 lot, located at the corner of Fifth and Lincoln Avenues, for single-game tailgate passes only. The tailgate permits will go on sale Tuesday morning (9 a.m.) at the YSU Athletic Ticket Office inside Stambaugh Stadium and are $15 each.  Fans must purchase two game tickets to be eligible for a tailgate permit. The tailgate lots (M-24, M-7 and now M-26) will all open at 1 p.m. this Saturday.

"Our fans have sold-out our two tailgate lots and we want no excuses this week to fill-up Stambaugh Stadium," Head Coach Eric Wolford said. "Get your tickets early, get the limited tailgate passes that remain and support this team as we prepare for our Missouri Valley Conference Opener – we need you to be our 12th man in the stands."

All fans attending YSU's MVFC opener will receive a Penguins football keychain. State Farm will sponsor the annual Kids Day Tailgate activities from 4-7 p.m. in the M-7 lot at the corner of Lincoln and Fifth Avenues. Games and activities will take place for children prior to the game.

The YSU Football Alumni Group will be holding their annual Tailgate Blast in the M-7 Lot as well.
Fans can call 330-941-1YSU for more information or log onto YSUsports.com.

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Additional Tailgating Available for Saturday's Showdown Between UNI-YSU
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 08:51:31 AM »
This is Awesome!! Great job to the Penguing nation!!  ;D

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Re: Additional Tailgating Available for Saturday's Showdown Between UNI-YSU
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 11:43:00 AM »
I think it is great as well!! I love seeing a packed-house for the guins!!

I just hope they leave some of those $5 parking spaces available, or at least open up the larger two grass knolls for $5 parking. One the reasons we have had a spike in the lower lot is because they park and walk over. It can be hard for people to come up with $15 or $25 a game. So I have people park in m26, or the grass lots, & carry their food items over.