Author Topic: Something to discuss since we're all waiting till Saturday  (Read 2737 times)

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Something to discuss since we're all waiting till Saturday
« on: September 05, 2012, 09:40:17 AM »
1.  >:( Sore subject I know but The UNI AD tweets about the FBS.  Here's someone's take on the situation below;

2.  ??? Question: "IF" the MAC is really looking to add 5 new football schools in the future I wonder how the YSU administration might approach this? ???

Quote: From "Clenz" I'm not sure where you get the "MVFC IS GOING FBS" thing from. This was a tweet by UNI's athletic director....the person he retweeted was former UNI LB (who now starts for the Cleveland Browns) L.J. Fort.

This could be "much ado about nothing", but Dannen is a smart person, he doesn't just "put things out there". There is something going on. I know the athletic department has had some very serious discussions about this the last couple years, they've just kept it quite unlike most schools that end up looking foolish with the "WE GOING FBS! THIS CONFERENCE IS THE CHOICE" then the conference says "NO" and you're left holding a raging boner for nothing.

I know the MAC is looking for at least one more (possibly 5 as they've said they wouldn't mind 18 teams). If UNI is looking at this as a football only move it might work for the department. HOWEVER, I do not see UNI doing anything that requires us to take the rest of our sports from the Missouri Valley Conference.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Re: Something to discuss since we're all waiting till Saturday
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 12:16:17 PM »
The MAC allows football-only memberships since they approved it with Temple. As far as UNI going over ...football only is a stupid move. All or nothing ...compete or don't. It is not like you are holding the rest of your sports in a Big-6 conference like the Big East ...as Temple was doing ...there is a point where a mid-major conference is just that. Let's not make more out of the MVC than they are. The NCAA men's basketball selection committee did that once ..and will never do it again.