TEXAS-SAN ANTONIO
TEXAS-ARLINGTON
NORTH TEXAS
TEXAS STATE-SAN MARCOS
LAMAR
LA-MONROE
LA-LAFAYETTE
UC-SAN DIEGO?

each two conferences has two semi's  and one confererance championship game...play seven in division games and one cross division game (youngstown versus toledo?) per year...

then for starting a playoff system here we go

mwc/conferece usa merged conferene gets 1 auto bid from those 32
sunbelt/mac/ merged conference gets 1 auto bid from those 32 teams
pac 12 gets 2 auto bids
big 12 gets 2 auto bids
big 10 gets 2 auto bids
big east gets 2 auto bids
acc gets 2 auto bids
sec gets 2 auto bids
2 at large bids

Teams that don’t make the national tourney can still play the O’Grady Bucket o’ Chicken Bowl and so forth?
16 teams make the national tourney with eight homes games at the highest seeds. the next four games are played neutral sites (bowls)..one game at the peach bowl, one at the cotton bowl, one at the orange bowl, and one at the gator bowl.
The next two are at the fiesta bowl and the rose bowl.

The national title game would be at the Sugar Bowl.

roughly 143 schools have a legit shot at winning a national title!!!!

easy as that---the skunkapekiller manifesto 2.0

IAA Fan:
It would draw some attention if you used a better title :)  Not a bad idea, but it will not improve attendance and media attention.

skunkapekiller:
why wouldn't it increase attendance?  for a team like youngstown your getting closer regional rivalries, less travel (more away teams fans coming to your campus), and a chance at making the national tournament?

my question is why isn't ysu already in the mac, does ysu want to be in the mac, and is their bad blood between other Mac (Ohio) schools that would keep ysu out all at all costs?

GuinsAndNoles:
Too many bad FCS programs on that list, and you aren't gonna take FAMU out of the MEAC. Some of these mid-majors would be playing much lower competition and would be very unhappy. Also, while it would be fun to play the MAC teams, I think I would really miss the playoffs. Even in this scenario, we would never legitimately compete for a title.

skunkapekiller:

--- Quote from: GuinsAndNoles on April 21, 2012, 11:54:10 AM ---Too many bad FCS programs on that list, and you aren't gonna take FAMU out of the MEAC. Some of these mid-majors would be playing much lower competition and would be very unhappy. Also, while it would be fun to play the MAC teams, I think I would really miss the playoffs. Even in this scenario, we would never legitimately compete for a title.

--- End quote ---

Most if not all of the FCS schools on this list will want to or will study a move up to FBS.  My proposal only works if their is a true playoff system bc i agree with you that fcs playoffs are way better than the Meineke Bowl.  I tried to group most ofthe mid-major (and i say that with a smile bc there isn't much difference between all the 64 schools on this list) teams together to keep travel down and create/keep regional rivalries.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version