Author Topic: Darius Patton  (Read 14033 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Re: Darius Patton
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2012, 11:22:54 AM »
Yes Lecter, but I have to go with 45 here. He was in some trouble, came back and really dedicated himself. Exciting to watch and a great player. He seemed at home on the field, and I really try to separate off-field issues when possible. I can definitely see where it can be hard for people to do the same in this case, but most of his issues were post-YSU.

Offline HLecter

• Emperor Penguin
  • I HATE MIAMI.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2012, 09:19:13 AM »
I get both of you.

If 45 endorses him, I am on board.

Just goes to show that asses shouldn't post till they know the whole story.
I HATE MIAMI.  WATERBOARDING IS NOT TORTURE.  ABORTION IS.

I missed a four-footer for par the other day--THAT DAMN BUSH!

Offline Pizza

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2012, 11:23:48 PM »
The problem with Youngstown sports culture is that tribal attitudes formed in the high schools last for a lifetime.  Enough already.  Is it too much to ask that you refrain from such tribal in-fighting on a college board?

Pizza, stop with this Mooney glorification and stop bashing other high schools.  And as a Mooney graduate, I have a perfect right to tell you that.  You belittle our alma mater with such childish behavior.  Successful people and successful institutions have no need whatsoever to brag about themselves.

I "read" with great interest your post. I, as a YSU fan ....will always follow the passion....to help YSU.

My question, then... can only be......name me a better High School ....both academically, and athletically......than Mooney or Ursuline?

And the decision between Mooney and Ursuline at this point in time in Y-Towns history ......is obvious.

Ignoring the "obvious" doesn't make "IT" go away.

The "truth" is the "Mother of Hatred".....

Offline MentorViking

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2012, 09:20:35 PM »
The problem with Youngstown sports culture is that tribal attitudes formed in the high schools last for a lifetime.  Enough already.  Is it too much to ask that you refrain from such tribal in-fighting on a college board?

Pizza, stop with this Mooney glorification and stop bashing other high schools.  And as a Mooney graduate, I have a perfect right to tell you that.  You belittle our alma mater with such childish behavior.  Successful people and successful institutions have no need whatsoever to brag about themselves.

I "read" with great interest your post. I, as a YSU fan ....will always follow the passion....to help YSU.

My question, then... can only be......name me a better High School ....both academically, and athletically......than Mooney or Ursuline?

And the decision between Mooney and Ursuline at this point in time in Y-Towns history ......is obvious.

Ignoring the "obvious" doesn't make "IT" go away.

The "truth" is the "Mother of Hatred".....

ill take Austintown, Canfield and Poland over Mooney and Ursuline everyday of the week and twice on sunday