YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Basketball Drops 71-68 Decision at Austin Peay in BracketBuster Game

<< < (6/7) > >>

YsuPride:
Maybe recruits don't want to come here because Slocum has zero personality and it aweful with the media.
He would rather make fun of Robb Smidt than answer questions and you know I am right on that.  Ask the local media.   I know of a few students at YSU who have players in their class and Slocum is not liked.  Wouldn't be surprised if Kendrick Perry transfers.

IAA Fan:
Yes, and many "regular people" like that personality. I attend many football practices, and he is always there showing a young kid how to do something (and not just basketball). He stands at the entrance of football games and helps hand out the weekly give-a-ways. I don't see other coaches doing this. You will even see him at baseball games.

Sure he spars with the media, most of the time it is funny. Unfortunately he does not have the W/L record, or tenure, of a JoePA (who was just as bad or worse with the media), to let it slide. However, I have never heard any negativity from players.

Big D:

--- Quote from: YsuPride on February 23, 2012, 10:03:18 AM ---Last time I looked RMU is only 50 miles from y-town so I would guess we have the same recruiting area as they do.   We only have money to recruit Ohio but we recruit guys from Florida and Juco's all over.  You make a whole lot of sense then right?   
--- End quote ---

You are located in the same general area as RMU.  You still can't compete with what they have to offer: better city, better education, consistent winner, NCAA tourneys, etc.  WSU is located an hour away from Cincinatti.  We aren't going to beat out Xavier for any recruits for all of the reason I listed above for you.  And I stand by what I said about Slocum's recruiting budget.  He primarily has to recruit Ohio AAU events and Ohio schools.  So you might want to take a look at the schedules of the teams where your recruits came from.  I bet you will see that most of those JUCO players played against one of Ohio's JC teams at some point in time.  And I know for a fact that Slocum saw Kendrick Perry (your florida kid) play at an AAU event in Columbus.  I was there.

YSUGO:

--- Quote from: YsuPride on February 23, 2012, 10:09:29 AM ---Maybe recruits don't want to come here because Slocum has zero personality and it aweful with the media.
He would rather make fun of Robb Smidt than answer questions and you know I am right on that.  Ask the local media.   I know of a few students at YSU who have players in their class and Slocum is not liked.  Wouldn't be surprised if Kendrick Perry transfers.

--- End quote ---

Can't see Perry transferring, why wouldnt he done it last year...I think you are delusional!!!

YsuPride:
I hear Perry is very homesick and this is coming from students who know him that I have been in contact with.  His brother I guess is in Columbus and that has kept him here.  I hope he doesn't leave but I am just letting you know what students in his classes tell me.  This is not being delusional but what I hear. Lets hope he stays.  Those students are ones that work for me after school.  I always ask them questions about players and such.   They fill me in.

Nice win tonight and I congratulate Slocum for now.  The crowd was pathetic though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version