YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Basketball Drops 71-68 Decision at Austin Peay in BracketBuster Game

<< < (3/7) > >>

ysufan0505:
I just think they need a fresh start. Starting from the top

ysuindy:
This is the least attractive job in the Horizon League and one of the least attractive among the "better" mid-major leagues. 

The budget is inferior to most of their peers, basketball is going to play second fiddle to football.

The team has increased their league record by at least 7 games (fourth most in NCAA Division I from a note I saw the other day).  You might have your first winning season in a decade  and your first winning league season since joining the Horizon League.

So yeah, lets fire the coach  after he puts together the best season the school has seen in about 10 years.

I  am sure you will get a long list of qualified coaches who  will want a crappy job under those circumstances.

I  wouldn't have objected to a coaching change before this season or  two seasons ago.  But to make a change  now would be asinine.

ItalianPenguin:
Thanks Indy for bringing some sanity back to these threads. Again, if you didn't change coaches after a 9-21 or whatever season, why now? And, as Indy says, who's coming here??

YsuPride:
If you had an employee who was not getting results at your job would they keep him/her?  Probably not.
So then why is it different at YSU?  Slocum has not gotten the results nor the fans in our valley excited about basketball.  A coaches responsibility is to win games and recruit kids that can give the team a chance of winning and he has done none of this period.   

For those who think his game prep is good then why did we get blown out at home in front of the home fans against CSU and Butler?   I am tired of hearing we are dealt a low budget and such.  Give me a break on that excuse by all of you.  That is getting old.  Do you think Robert Morris has a better budget than us? No but they just won 20 games and have post playesr that can play. 

We need a new direction for the program now.

YsuPride:
Maybe if Slocum is not fired he still resigns and goes back to Gannon Tech where 6-5" players may help you out.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version