YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Expectations for next year?

<< < (2/3) > >>

penguinpower:
Pizza,

I have to respectfully disagree. Heacock had better defenses with less talent. Over the last 2 years our LB's have been non-existent. The CB's have not improved. Yes I know we had some injuries, but we didn't improve.

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: penguinpower on February 04, 2012, 08:47:31 PM ---Pizza,

I have to respectfully disagree. Heacock had better defenses with less talent. Over the last 2 years our LB's have been non-existent. The CB's have not improved. Yes I know we had some injuries, but we didn't improve.

--- End quote ---

right on the money. Until we bring back Penguin defense, we are nothing. NDSU has shown us this. Heacock had a dozen better defenses than the one we saw from NDSU last year. Now we have a problem as well. Our talent is for Florida-style defense. Will be interesting to see what happens. YSU is NEVER going to have the talent-level to play "Florida" defense. It all based off of individual effort. 4-guys play defense ...the rest rush the QB. That is how they do it. Those 4-players have to be the best in the nation.

Pizza:

--- Quote from: penguinpower on February 04, 2012, 08:47:31 PM ---Pizza,

--- End quote ---

Lol......I'm not trying to compare the two. Heacock was a brilliant DC. I witnessed it firsthand. Heacock had it all IMO....His hands are heavy with "rings" to prove it.

I'm just throwing out a "bone" to a guy who many/most of the current players liked and "played hard" for.

Over the next few years...that same compliment will be awarded to "some". And NOT TO ALL.

YsuPride:
Kravitz was a terrible DC that is why he has bounced around so many jobs prior to YSU.  Saying he didin't have talent is an excuse.  When our DB's just look at the ball being thrown and  playing 10 yards off the receiver that is coaching and scheme.  He sucked and hopefully we get someone who can get the defensive schemes put togther in spring ball.   We have reruited talent in the secondary with this recruiting class so talent is in the house.

penguinpower:
I am relativley certain that some Good coaches recognize the potential of this team with the level of talent and age of the team. We should get a good one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version