YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU defensive coordinator leaves

<< < (6/7) > >>

YSUWildcat:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on February 03, 2012, 11:02:49 PM ---I was intrigued by the young Kehres, until 45 checked in.  As a player on one of our National Championship teams, his credentials at football analysis exceed those of anybody else on this site. 

When you are looking at Mt. Union's accomplishments, staggering as they are, remember one thing.  Unlike the scholarship divisions, there is no limit to the number of players that can try out for that team.  They start with some ridiculous figure like 200 players and go from there.  Every high school player in Ohio that is not good enough to acquire a scholarship would have Mt. Union first on his wish list.  Kehres also benefits from a handful of players who could make it on the D2 or even D1 levels but, for whatever reason, choose to be a whale in a small swimming pool.  So in every game that Mt. Union plays until the championship, they have an enormous talent advantage.  That edge disappears against Whitewater who seems to corner the market on non-scholarship Wisconsin/Minnesota players.  Bottom line is that it is somewhat dangerous to expect that coaching excellence at Mt. Union would translate to the scholarship divisions where the advantages in player procurement evaporate.

--- End quote ---

my 3 NC at UMU>>>>1 NC at YSU

whats your point? does that mean i have 3 times the credabillity LOL YSU45 was nothing more then a butthurt bench warmer at fitch, couldnt care less about his YSU NC ring

YSUWildcat:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on February 04, 2012, 09:22:03 PM ---Mt. Union has more ex-buckeyes than any other program. He would be an assistant at YSU. This real football folks. At $250k ..the name is big.

--- End quote ---

even though no former Ohio St players has played there in over a decade then sure

GoGuins:

--- Quote from: YSUWildcat on February 05, 2012, 07:00:30 PM ---
--- Quote from: Wick250 on February 03, 2012, 11:02:49 PM ---I was intrigued by the young Kehres, until 45 checked in.  As a player on one of our National Championship teams, his credentials at football analysis exceed those of anybody else on this site. 

When you are looking at Mt. Union's accomplishments, staggering as they are, remember one thing.  Unlike the scholarship divisions, there is no limit to the number of players that can try out for that team.  They start with some ridiculous figure like 200 players and go from there.  Every high school player in Ohio that is not good enough to acquire a scholarship would have Mt. Union first on his wish list.  Kehres also benefits from a handful of players who could make it on the D2 or even D1 levels but, for whatever reason, choose to be a whale in a small swimming pool.  So in every game that Mt. Union plays until the championship, they have an enormous talent advantage.  That edge disappears against Whitewater who seems to corner the market on non-scholarship Wisconsin/Minnesota players.  Bottom line is that it is somewhat dangerous to expect that coaching excellence at Mt. Union would translate to the scholarship divisions where the advantages in player procurement evaporate.

--- End quote ---

my 3 NC at UMU>>>>1 NC at YSU

whats your point? does that mean i have 3 times the credabillity LOL YSU45 was nothing more then a butthurt bench warmer at fitch, couldnt care less about his YSU NC ring

--- End quote ---

45 doesn't need me defending him, but I believe he has more than 1 NC ring.  So Wildcat, did you play for Mount?  What are you credentials besides saying the same thing over & over? 

mdfblax:
If we're going to talk to Vince... why not talk with the Whitewater DC?  He's been able to stop the Mount Offense!

Wick250:
Wolford is taking his time and being thorough, just as he did after he was hired and assembled his staff.  That is a good thing.  Perhaps the DC will be someone that has not even been mentioned here.  As another poster suggested, with our offense, this has got to be a very attractive job.  You don't have to be perfect; just don't stink.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version