YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Cleveland State game

<< < (5/6) > >>

Pizza:

--- Quote from: ItalianPenguin on January 29, 2012, 11:44:50 PM ---
--- Quote from: Pizza on January 29, 2012, 10:20:31 PM ---Maybe the guy who is coaching the "girls" team, should be coaching the "guys" !!!

--- End quote ---
The girls are 9-11 and the guys are 11-9. What kind of logic would support your statement?

--- End quote ---

The girls won 2 or 3 games "total" over the last 5 years (or something like that). Bolden came in and is winning. Turned that group around. 9 wins compared to Zero...that's my logic....though it may be flawed. Our mens' coach has hovered around average, and is basically staying there....despite earning 6X what Bolden makes.

I don't know much about BB. But i can interpret wins and losses.

ItalianPenguin:

--- Quote from: Pizza on January 30, 2012, 01:54:03 AM ---
--- Quote from: ItalianPenguin on January 29, 2012, 11:44:50 PM ---
--- Quote from: Pizza on January 29, 2012, 10:20:31 PM ---Maybe the guy who is coaching the "girls" team, should be coaching the "guys" !!!

--- End quote ---
The girls are 9-11 and the guys are 11-9. What kind of logic would support your statement?

--- End quote ---

The girls won 2 or 3 games "total" over the last 5 years (or something like that). Bolden came in and is winning. Turned that group around. 9 wins compared to Zero...that's my logic....though it may be flawed. Our mens' coach has hovered around average, and is basically staying there....despite earning 6X what Bolden makes.

I don't know much about BB. But i can interpret wins and losses.

--- End quote ---
I know one thing you don't know about....Boldon and Slocum's salaries are very close to each other. Where did you come up with the thought that Slocum's salary is 6x Boldon's? Totally lacking of fact.

YSUGO:
IP, yes the previous wins were good...my fault for not  mentioning..it...I was really up for this game...and was kinda upset about the outcome...Let me ask you this...would you renew Slocums contract for another 4 years and why?

Wick250:
Comparing Boldon and Slocum is kind of pointless.  Boldon inherited the worst team in DI basketball, and now in his second season has them playing competitive basketball.  Are we any good?  Not really, but there is finally hope for the future.

Slocum will have his contract extended.  There is no ethical way to deny him if we win three more games and finish at .500 in the league for the first time.  But consider this.  Had Eargle not decided to come home, where would this team be?  Where will this team be when Eargle is gone after next season?  Look at the big men on our bench and you see the future of YSU basketball.  Not very pretty, is it?

ItalianPenguin:

--- Quote from: YSUGO on January 30, 2012, 02:38:42 PM ---IP, yes the previous wins were good...my fault for not  mentioning..it...I was really up for this game...and was kinda upset about the outcome...Let me ask you this...would you renew Slocums contract for another 4 years and why?

--- End quote ---
No I would not renew Slocum for 4 years. I would bring him back next year and probably would continue to for one year at a time until the University would commit much more money to go out and "buy" a coach like Cleveland State did. I do know that Slocum is excited about the 2 new recruits coming next year so I would certainly see how that plays out. 4 years--no. But we are a much more competitive program now than we were a few years ago.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version