YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Cleveland State game

(1/6) > >>

Wick250:
No specific thread about this game yet?  Ok, signing day is next week, but let's at least pretend that we care about basketball.

I expect that the officials will go a long way in determining the outcome of this game.  Cleveland State plays the best pressuring defense in the Horizon League.  Their success results from two things: very good athletes and illegal contact on nearly every possession.  If the officials allow hand-checking, holding and bumping away from the ball, we are in serious trouble.  If they enforce the rules properly, our team, with the best ball-handling skills in the conference, should be able to neutralize their pressure.

ItalianPenguin:
All chairback seats are sold and CSU is bringing 2 bus loads of people. Should be a fun atmosphere.

ysuindy:
Saw this earlier from Will Haskett, of the Horizon League broadcast crew - YSU has lots of fans around the league tomorrow night.

willhaskett Will Haskett
A consensus among HL folks after last night's games: If Cleveland State can win tomorrow, it's their league to lose.

Pomeroy projects a 68-65 CSU win, giving YSU a 38% chance of winning. 

Sagarin's ratings make CSU a 4 point favorite.

Wish I could be there.  Be loud!

A chance to move in to a tie for first in the league and hold the tiebreaker over CSU.  Huge game!

ysuindy:
http://www.vindy.com/news/2012/jan/27/ysu-nears-sellout-saturdays-cleveland-state-game/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

The Youngstown State men's basketball team is closing in on a sellout for Saturday's Horizon League showdown with Cleveland State at Beeghly Center.

The school had sold 5,800 tickets as of 3:30 p.m. Friday. Beeghly's capacity is about 6,300.

The 7 p.m. game will follow the 4:35 p.m. game between the YSU women and Wright State.

ysuscuba:
Wow, I'm very excited for this team! I really wish I could fly up for this game. We are all cheering for you guys!  Make penguin natiOn proud!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version