YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Kenya Middlebrooks Breaks Single-Game 3-Point Record in 80-67 Win Over Detroit

<< < (2/2)

Wick250:
Indy, three times, as you well know.  For the others, lost twice to Penn State on their home court and then lost to North Carolina State on their home court after the first round victory over Memphis.  Women are 1-0 all time in NEUTRAL court NCAA tournament action.

ysuindy:
Thanks Wick.  Moving to fast.  Forgot the second trip to Happy Valley.  Remember listening to the Memphis game, right after we moved out here on the very early dial up internet connection.

IAA Fan:
I actually went on the faculty/accessories bus to see the one (I think it was the first, as we were not as competitive in the second) game against Penn State. I think it was 95/96 years. Very close and very exciting.

Not as big a of a crowd as I expected, so we made a BIG difference in the cheering for the "red and white". Although we ended up losing by 20, it was within one basket all the way until the 11-minute mark in the second half. Every time they would go up by two possessions, we would drain a huge 3-pointer. Non-YSU fans were actually cheering for us, we were the stereo-typical "Cinderella" story.

Then the crowd became almost one-sided in our favor, and PSU seemed to feed off of that, and came on strong.  PSU went on on a 19-0 run. We went into 3-point mode and nothing went in. Foul troubles as well. We did not have the depth of a big-10 squad, but our starters were talented ...two frosh.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version