YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU vs BUTLER SUNDAY 2 PM

<< < (2/3) > >>

ysuindy:
Fortunate to down only 7 at half. Three point shooting about only thing keeping YSU close. Butler clealy the more desperate team. Attcking the rim, crashing offensive boards and very active on defense. Seemed best YSU defense of half was when coach Slocum was out at three point line on last Butler possession. YSU needs to have some sense of urgency to have a chance to keep me from leaving here disappointed again.

YSUGO:
Watched on internet turned it off..not gonna to state the obvious..but Butlers announcers couldnt believe we didnt press them...that what all the successful teams did.    I know we lack depth....We already had decent guards coming back this year and the failure of coaching to go get some bigs to help on is them.  I nominate IP or Indy to coach the rest of the year...

YsuPride:
As typical under Slocum his teams suck in Jan. and Feb and have no bench talent.  How long will we have to put up with this crap?  Some of you long time fans think he can actually coach but good coaching is also recruiting your needs and he hasn't done that at all.   Most likely we will finish 7-11 in the league and in 6th to 8th place.  If we only had a bench and at least one good big player we could finsh much better.  It sucks to keep losing to these teams.

ysufan0505:
No inside presence at all!! 6-7 Eargle will not do it, sorry. No defense what so ever. They don't switch the pick and roll very well and they get pushed around and get out rebounded all game. When a team plays pressure defense and gets up in our shooters faces, we have no shot. We live and die by the 3, no other way. Our offense is have everyone stand around the perimeter, get a pick and try and throw up a shot.

Pita:
OMG......JUST WHAT WE DIDN'T WANT

Valpo beats Cleveland St. (that could have been a good thing, had we won)

Butler beats YSU.....watched it on the internet.  Butlers Coach surely has
it all together.  Knew exactly what to do to kill our offense.  Tho Butler
has beaten Purdue and Stanford, I still say we should have beat them this
day (remembering when they were outstanding and we beat them), they
certainly are not as talented this year, and we are WAY more talented now
than we were  then.

Now Valpo moves up...Butler moves up....you know the rest of the story.

Just perhaps, Milwaukee (now 1st place in the standings)
will come here this week and we will beat them,
pretty soon we will be known as "the spoilers".  I truly feel badly for the
guys on the team that try so hard.     Oh well.  There's always another
Season.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version