YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Firday 8 p.m. - Men's Basketball at Valparaiso

<< < (3/4) > >>

OleYSUfan:
Pride:
A little laughter (lol) is great, but your probably right ??? Slocum has a terrible Div 1 record and by far worst of any Horizon League coach, yet he's still here. We still may end up with a 9-9 record in the Horizon and get his long contract extention. :-[

We must somehow get good strong inside presence or forget our chances of every getting a NCAA tournament bid.

IAA Fan:
From the Valpo Story: Going up against one of the nation’s top shot-blockers in YSU’s Damian Eargle, Van Wijk didn’t back off from his usual aggressive style of play in the post, going inside time in and time out.  The junior finished the night 7-of-14 from the floor and also got to the free throw line 11 times, hitting nine of his attempts, for his career-best 23 points.  Van Wijk also grabbed seven rebounds and rejected a pair of Penguin shots.

Wick250:
OleYSUfan is correct.  We will probably finish around 9-9.  We will hold a press conference and announce that contract extension, citing the phenomenal advances that we made this year.  Reality check time.  Take a look at our sophomore and freshmen classes (scholarship players only.)  What do you see?  For me, I see one exceptional sophomore and nothing else whatsoever.  That is our future. 

YSUGO:
Same stuff, different game....We will have to start all over again...will it really change anything?

ysuindy:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on January 14, 2012, 01:34:19 PM ---OleYSUfan is correct.  We will probably finish around 9-9.  We will hold a press conference and announce that contract extension, citing the phenomenal advances that we made this year.  Reality check time.  Take a look at our sophomore and freshmen classes (scholarship players only.)  What do you see?  For me, I see one exceptional sophomore and nothing else whatsoever.  That is our future.

--- End quote ---

Wick - the only hope I hold is that three years ago we would have had Ashen Ward in that group.  Hopefully a few of these guys can develop to be a solid contributor like Ward has.  But yes, star power is lacking in the younger classes - really noticeable when compared to Butler's freshmen today.  We better enjoy the somewhat "down" year for Butler, because as others have noted, they are recruiting at a much different level - as their guys get more experience, they are going to be really scary again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version