YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Recruiting News..?

<< < (2/18) > >>

YSUGO:
I hate it when people have to label and judge everything.  Sports is universal, rich, poor, rural, urban..whatever race...who cares...that is what makes a TEAM...Whoever we recruit deserves respect whereever they are from or went to school.

ysufan0505:
I heard Deonte Kelso, a DB who graduated from Cleveland Central Catholic High School in 2011 and went to Muskingum last year has transferred to YSU for this year. He is listed at 5-10, 180

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: ysufan0505 on January 08, 2012, 03:46:11 PM ---I heard Deonte Kelso, a DB who graduated from Cleveland Central Catholic High School in 2011 and went to Muskingum last year has transferred to YSU for this year. He is listed at 5-10, 180

--- End quote ---

He will have to sit a year. Not an impact on 2012.

Pizza:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on January 07, 2012, 01:40:53 PM ---
--- Quote from: Pizza on January 06, 2012, 11:22:22 PM ---And or we can recruit Compton, Cali.......that bastion of "character and class" real hard.

Yea,.....yea...that's the ticket....

--- End quote ---

They are good JUCO program Pizza. Last time I checked Mill Creek Park was only a small part of Youngstown, so we have no room to talk about being Americas most beautiful city. Compton is an industrial area, just as we are. If I came from there I would be just as proud as I am from being from Ytown.  I remember quoting coach W ..."I am not a California guy" & thinking what an inexperienced comment that was to make. He was recruiting his first class. Now he sees that there are some great JUCO programs out West. We have had more than a few Penguin Greats come from Cali.

--- End quote ---

Heard. And accepted.....I knew I would catch a little heat. But few people on this site have been as staunchly supportive of this current staff than I have been. We'd all all agree on that....(just need to check my other 99.5% other posts for proof).

Hope these kids work out......we have to reach sometimes.

A quick question.....how many players have left the program since last winter? Either thru injury or lack of academic progress. And what portition of those came from rescinded "Big Time" D1 scholly guys or Juco's?

Not hatin' here. Just asking a question.

IAA Fan:
Good question.

JUCO's are usually not a grade problem, as they have to be Juniors to transfer, so they are usually 'a lock' in terms of academics. Once a Junior, you get your final 2-years ...but I think you lose the red-shirt. Yes people argue that their curriculum is simple, but hey ...you can get a degree in Advanced Underwater Basket-weaving from Ohio State ..so what 's the difference. JUCO's traditionally are not much of a character issue, but I guess that would depend on where they were before JUCO. Injuries would be interesting as well, I have no idea. When we receive a spring roster ...we will know. We usually have great success from the prep-school guys. That prep school in GA and NY that have almost the same name has done really well for us in the past 20-years.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version