YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Recruiting News..?

<< < (9/18) > >>

ysufan0505:
18th commitment is Safety Jameel Smith from Miami Norland High School that won the FHSAA 5A State Championship with a 15-0 record. Same school that produced Steelers WR Antonio Brown and Chiefs WR Dwayne Bowe. Listed at 6-0, 180 pounds. Hard hitting kid who punishes receivers and has above average speed. I see him being a potential star at YSU if he works hard! 

ysubigred:

--- Quote from: ysufan0505 on January 25, 2012, 09:21:40 PM ---18th commitment is Safety Jameel Smith from Miami Norland High School that won the FHSAA 5A State Championship with a 15-0 record. Same school that produced Steelers WR Antonio Brown and Chiefs WR Dwayne Bowe. Listed at 6-0, 180 pounds. Hard hitting kid who punishes receivers and has above average speed. I see him being a potential star at YSU if he works hard!

--- End quote ---

:) :D We need to load up the defense.  I don't care how great of an offense you have, if YSU don't spend some scholly's on Defense the flash and bang "O" will still have the Guins @ home in Dec and Jan.  All the National Champs this year at all levels of football won with great Defenses. Hopefully this kid will make an immediate impact plus help on covering KO returns.

Train:
three names......Williams.....Boatwright.....D'Alesio.....
Everyone is hammering the defense from last year....especially the secondary....these three guys
were definitely penciled in for significant playing time....

The problem last year is the defense did not have guys that could step in and play at a high level...

I do not think we will have that same problem this year...

Train:
Jameel Smith.....just spoke to a friend of mine who coaches in Ft. Lauderdale....does not understand how this kid got out of the state...great job Wolf..!!...

We could see him in the return game...needs to put on some muscle...the kid is long...covers some ground...good football instincts...and can lay the wood..!!...

ysufan0505:
And imagine if Dale Peterman does end up playing with his 2 years of eligibility left as either a corner or safety. We are getting pretty deep at a lot of positions. No wonder coach Wolf won recruiter of the year while at South Carolina!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version