YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Recruiting News..?

<< < (8/18) > >>

Pizza:

--- Quote from: ysufan0505 on January 22, 2012, 12:27:50 PM ---2 commitments so far.

Michael Wheary: WR from Lakeland Christian School in Lakeland, FL. 5-9, 160 pounds. Looks like a smaller Christian Bryan basically, lacks great speed.

--- End quote ---

I've always said, you can never have enough 5-9, 160lbs guys on a D1 football team.

Hope he runs a 4.2

Train:
you are seeing more and more undersized wide out / slot type guys in the offenses in this day and age..(Welker...A Brown)...weather it be pro...or college level...these guys are able to get in and out of breaks much quicker then the taller receivers...and are being used as underneath...and flat type receivers, having to make 1 guy miss and pick up 8 to 10 yards a crack...

these guys fit very well in the offense Mont / Wolf are trying to run...

IAA Fan:
I am thinking (hoping) we will see coach M use more TE's and TB's (in pass situations) this year. If the back can catch, he is already underneath, and there is no substitute for height and weight in short pass situations. We are still well-stocked in both.

Pizza:

--- Quote from: Train on January 24, 2012, 11:34:05 AM ---you are seeing more and more undersized wide out / slot type guys in the offenses in this day and age..(Welker...A Brown)...weather it be pro...or college level...these guys are able to get in and out of breaks much quicker then the taller receivers...and are being used as underneath...and flat type receivers, having to make 1 guy miss and pick up 8 to 10 yards a crack...

these guys fit very well in the offense Mont / Wolf are trying to run...

--- End quote ---

Agreed. And I hope you are right. :)

Alabama, ran 2 TE's and an "I" formation. But yes, I understand they are Alabama. LSU did too. And Southern Cal before them....and TOSU before that. The common denominator there.....ydou ask?

National Championships!!!!!!!!.......over a DECADE.

Not arguing, just food for thought. The scale will tip the other way eventually......get there early.

Train:
i think ysu could run that right now if they wanted....sharbaugh...shaw at tight end... pick your  poisen as I backs....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version