YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Recruiting News..?

<< < (6/18) > >>

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: nova75 on January 15, 2012, 09:27:46 PM ---Power you need to stop smoking crack! Safeties that run 4.3 fortys only go to YSU if they've been thrown out of or failed out of another school.

--- End quote ---

Or thier first name is Sir.

ysufan0505:
OT Quasion Osborne has decommitted and gone to his hometown University Of Akron, tough loss to take but today DT Austin Trgovich from Cardinal Mooney has committed to YSU! 6-3, 285 big strong kid who can take up some space. Good commit for Coach Wolf and staff

Wick250:
Austin Trgovcich is no John Simon, but he does not have to be a player of that caliber in order to help us.  He is not very fast and his stats will not overwhelm you, but he saw considerable playing time as a sophomore at Mooney which is an impressive accomplishment.  He played on a defensive line without other college prospects, so he was double-teamed continuously.  Here is what I like best about him.  A Mooney junior linebacker was named the Ohio DIII defensive player-of-the-year.  That kid got the honor primarily because he was roaming free and unblocked on many plays.  And Trgovcich occupied the offensive linemen to enable that to happen.

Train:
saw him play twice this year...he is still a puppy...!!....this kid is not done growing....very athletic for his size....
with bowden and amato at akron wolf has his work cut out for him when recruiting the cleveland...akron...columbus area...

Pizza:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on January 20, 2012, 02:50:03 PM ---Austin Trgovcich is no John Simon, but he does not have to be a player of that caliber in order to help us.  He is not very fast and his stats will not overwhelm you, but he saw considerable playing time as a sophomore at Mooney which is an impressive accomplishment.  He played on a defensive line without other college prospects, so he was double-teamed continuously.  Here is what I like best about him.  A Mooney junior linebacker was named the Ohio DIII defensive player-of-the-year.  That kid got the honor primarily because he was roaming free and unblocked on many plays.  And Trgovcich occupied the offensive linemen to enable that to happen.

--- End quote ---

I have strong opinions here. Based on watching all the aforementioned  for 2-6 years....every game, during their HS careers. Just let me say this.....

Trgovich is going to be a great player at YSU. A great player! He is the epitome...of what Youngstown Ohio (and Mooney) has to offer. He's a tad short.....6'1 1/2 -ish.....but he has BCS strength and attitude. And for our sake, it's good he is ONLY.......6"2"....for if he was 6'5"......he'd be playing at Alabama.

A great catch for YSU!!!

I'm gonna be rooting for this kid for the next 4-5 years.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version