YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Youngstown State beats Cleveland State 73-67

<< < (5/5)

HLecter:

--- Quote from: ysuindy on January 01, 2012, 06:23:17 PM ---Wick - you are correct.  Alexander picked YSU fourth in his pre-season article.  What a joke.

Lecter - we also caught the game on the radio.  I just wish Schmidt would can the obsession with meaningless statistics.  For example, CSU scored on a three in the closing moments.  YSU inbounded and was fouled.  But we didn't know that for about 10 seconds because Schmidt was too busy telling us that was the third three pointer of the season for the guy from CSU who made the shot.  When the game is on the line, call what is on the floor, don't look at your stat sheet.  How many points a player had last year against CSU is simply filler.

--- End quote ---

Yes Indy, I get your point.  I am such a casual listener that I didn't get that.  I just like the way he describes the on-court action.  Puts a good "picture" in my mind.  Again, just a casual listener.

ysuindy:

--- Quote from: HLecter on January 03, 2012, 11:59:16 AM ---
--- Quote from: ysuindy on January 01, 2012, 06:23:17 PM ---Wick - you are correct.  Alexander picked YSU fourth in his pre-season article.  What a joke.

Lecter - we also caught the game on the radio.  I just wish Schmidt would can the obsession with meaningless statistics.  For example, CSU scored on a three in the closing moments.  YSU inbounded and was fouled.  But we didn't know that for about 10 seconds because Schmidt was too busy telling us that was the third three pointer of the season for the guy from CSU who made the shot.  When the game is on the line, call what is on the floor, don't look at your stat sheet.  How many points a player had last year against CSU is simply filler.

--- End quote ---

Lecter - I agree he is among the better announcers and does paint a good picture of the action.  I have heard a whole lot worse.

Yes Indy, I get your point.  I am such a casual listener that I didn't get that.  I just like the way he describes the on-court action.  Puts a good "picture" in my mind.  Again, just a casual listener.

--- End quote ---

YSUGO:
Like the Pally comment IP.  I want us to win..but if you go by past history we fade as the season goes into the meat of the schedule.  But Hopefully we have turned the corner.  We will see come Feb.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version