Author Topic: Vote to See the Guins on ESPNU on Jan. 20  (Read 3342 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Vote to See the Guins on ESPNU on Jan. 20
« on: January 05, 2012, 06:36:49 AM »

Youngstown State men's basketball fans can now vote to see the Guins take on Milwaukee, Friday, Jan. 20, on ESPNU at the Beeghly Center.

Click on the link below and "Like" the ESPNHomeCourt Page and Vote for Youngstown State vs. Milwaukee.

http://www.facebook.com/ESPNHomeCourt

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Vote to See the Guins on ESPNU on Jan. 20
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 07:56:37 AM »
<p>Youngstown State men's basketball fans can now vote to see the Guins take on Milwaukee, Friday, Jan. 20, on ESPNU at the Beeghly Center.</p>

<p>Click on the link below and \"Like\" the ESPNHomeCourt Page and Vote for Youngstown State vs. Milwaukee.</p>
<p><a href=\"http://www.facebook.com/ESPNHomeCourt\">http://www.facebook.com/ESPNHomeCourt[/url]</p>

LOL!!  Face book  ;D Destroying lives on a daily basis  :o

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 12:45:45 PM »
I hate it as well. The one I cannot figure out is "Twitter". A reporter that left CNN admitted they were paid to use the word "tweens", in an attempt to indoctrinate it's use into our culture. The program serves no purpose. If you want to talk guins ...this is the place to be. If you want to talk to your family and friends ...use facebook. Better yet ...a phone or email.

Offline ysuindy

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 04:36:09 PM »
I hate it as well. The one I cannot figure out is "Twitter". A reporter that left CNN admitted they were paid to use the word "tweens", in an attempt to indoctrinate it's use into our culture. The program serves no purpose. If you want to talk guins ...this is the place to be. If you want to talk to your family and friends ...use facebook. Better yet ...a phone or email.

Fan - I think you might be confusing a couple of concepts here.  :)

"Tween" is commonly used to describe the 10-12 year-old set, the "pre-teenagers".  It is a significant fashion market, particularly for girls.  There are chains (i.e. Justice) that cater specifically to this demographic.

A "tweet" would be a message sent out on Twitter.

Quite honestly, I love Twitter.  Not for sending stuff out (because who the hell would care what I say), but for learning information.  If you carefully monitor who you follow, it can be a great news source.  My son and I were using Twitter to get updates on the YSU-MSU and the UNI football games when we were at the Butler - Louisville hoops game that Saturday afternoon.  There are several media types out here who will tweet out (or resend tweets from others) that update the high school basketball and football scores throughout the game.

Heck if you do nothing else, follow YSU athletics, Bill Potter from the Horizon League office and the HLHoops account.  I follow a little over 200 people - 90% of them sports media related.