YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Pennsylvania Standout Emily Rohanna Signs With Women's Program

(1/1)

IAA Fan:
Youngstown State women's golf coach Roseann Schwartz announced that Emily Rohanna, a standout golfer from Waynesburg, Pa., has signed with the Penguins. Schwartz has a special connection to Rohanna, who is her granddaughter.

Rohanna, who graduates from Waynesburg High School this spring, will bring some impressive credentials with her to Youngstown when she joins the program in the fall of 2012.

She is a two-time Western Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic League (WPIAL) Division II   Champion taking medalist honors in 2010 and 2011.

At the 2011 PIAA State Championships held at she placed ninth held at the Heritage Hills Golf Resort & Conference Center in York, Pa. Rohanna carded a two-round total of 16. After shooting an 88 on day one, she rebounded with an impressive 78 to earn a state medal as a top-10 finisher.

Rohanna was third in the 2011 PIAA regionals and twice won WPIAL sectional championships (2010 and 2011). At the regionals held at Tom's Run Golf Club in Blairsville, Pa., she finished with a six-over-par 78 to advance to the state meet this past fall.

At the WPIAL meet in 2011, she carded a 79 for a four-shot victory at the Longue Vue Club Course in Verona, Pa.

A four-year letterwinner she was a member of the boys team each year at Waynesburg. She helped lead the program to the Division title all four seasons.

In other tournament action of note, she placed third at the Boys Tri-Cada High School Tournament (2011), was runner-up at the Golfweek Midwest Tournament held at the University of Kentucky in November (Age Division 15-18) and was a PGA Junior Tri-State Qualifier.

Rohanna's older sister, Rachel, is a member of the women's golf team at Ohio State.

IAA Fan:
I am not certain how we do it ...reputation at this point ...but it looks like another 5-star pick for Schwartz & Co.. Nice job. I am sure being able to play against her sister several times a season helped us "snag" her.

guinpen:
I thought that she is the coaches grand-daughter

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: guinpen on December 30, 2011, 05:54:28 PM ---I thought that she is the coaches grand-daughter

--- End quote ---

Good point, I missed that. Still we always has such good golfers. I would really like to see the team take the title and get to the NCAA's. The problem is that Rogner graduates ...although Formek is a senior.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version