Author Topic: We have lost a LB!  (Read 4386 times)

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
We have lost a LB!
« on: December 29, 2011, 07:53:19 PM »
Heard we lost a lb today..no longer with team..# 11
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline Pita

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: We have lost a LB!
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 08:01:11 PM »
IS THAT GAVION ROGERS?  WHERE DID WE LOSE HIM???

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 08:01:25 PM »
Source??

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 09:49:06 PM »
I heard that Damion Rogers was out at the end of the season...not sure what the result of that was...not going to class...Big loss if that is true..

GO GUINS
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2011, 10:17:38 AM »
When kids earn athletic scholarships but then fail to enroll in the fall, that is a dangerous sign.  Such was the case with Rogers at Michigan in 2010, so it was really a long-shot that we would have his services for four years.  I am disappointed but not surprised.  Now Wolford is taking another gamble by "re-signing" the linebacker from Florida who did not enroll here in the fall.  That's fine.  I am all for giving these kids a chance, but we must understand that the odds are stacked against us.  Some of these kids come from an environment where scholastic achievement has little value in the family circle and among the peer group.  When these kids reach college, they are shocked and overwhelmed by the academic requirements.  It is especially a harsh shock at Youngstown State and other responsible colleges that lack the "jock-only basket-weaving" courses that are prevalent at Ohio State and other sports factories.