Author Topic: Penguins Lose 59-56 at the Buzzer to Robert Morris  (Read 11436 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Re: Penguins Lose 59-56 at the Buzzer to Robert Morris
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2011, 11:43:38 AM »
How much is the men's basketball program costing the Athletic Department? How much are the scholarships, the travel, the promotions, the security, etc?  Maybe the question needs to be asked, "Why do we have a men's basketball program?"  When no efforts are made to succeed, and for years it's an embarrassment, than not only does it make the University look bad, but it is a waste of valuable funds.  Maybe the lady Penguins BB, which does show some improvement, could compete with Wisc-Green Bay with the additional funding.  Either play to compete, or even win, or fold the program.

Find me ONE program that plays BCS or FCS football and doesn't have a men's basketball team.  Hell find me one school that plays football at any level that doesn't have a men's basketball team.

You fold men's basketball, you are out the of the Horizon League and there is not a single league that will touch you.  Your teams will be independent and they will effectively die.  Fold Men's basketball, you are folding YSU athletics. 

Something needs to be done - folding the program isn't it.

Something they should all know Indy ...thanks for bringing sanity back to the thread. Funny because I was very excited by the play against RMU.

1. We had a our best inside "offensive" presence to date.
2. we scored 18 off of rebounds. (RMU only had 4)
3. First half almost 50% shooting in both 2's and 3's.

The bad:
1. We only shot 28% in the second half.
2. only 22% FT's in the first half
3. ONLY 2 POINTS OFF THE BENCH (whole game)

We had a very good game plan this game. Slocum's second-best game of the season. Insulting RMU is not the way to be. They are a better basketball program than we are ...always have been. What I think we have beaten them 2 times out of a couple dozen tries. That is why this game is so disappointing. We are so close, but cannot cross-over. I do not want to start over with a new staff. Here is some video folks: