YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Football signs four defensive players - first day of JUCO signing period

<< < (2/4) > >>

IAA Fan:
Childs stands out here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsm_ve94OjA

Then again, it is high school, where the others are JUCO. Compton is a stellar program

ysubigred:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on December 21, 2011, 07:05:40 PM ---red,

Astute comment.  Our critical needs are for secondary people AND special teams players.  If these guys can run down the field and actually tackle somebody, they will immensely improve our team.  Last year Wolford passed up A.J. Fox, a quality kicker from Mooney, in favor of the juco.  Turned out the juco had such a weak leg that our punter had to also handle kick-offs.  Bet he regrets that decision.  Heck, with the coaching change at Akron, go get Fox now. (discreetly, of course)

--- End quote ---

Thanks Wick!!  1st "astute" comment I've received credit for  ;D  Where did AJ end up?? I forgot about him and last year's recruiting.  Sadly, I'm getting old and my memory is "iffy"  :)

On this kicker thing; I'm just shocked how these kids on a scholarship can't hit the ball at least to the goal line in college.  Timmy (my son) and I was at the State HS Championship game in WKU's stadium a few weeks ago.  I tee'd up a HS football at the 30 and on my 3rd try I got it down to the goal line.  I wasn't very high but just sayin... I haven' t kicked a ball in 10 years or better.  I won't discuss the first attempt at it and how friggen sore I was the next two days LOL!!

Petey:
^^^^^ Hey Red, you have any eligability left??  ;D

GOOOOOOOO  GUINS!!!!!!!

ysubigred:

--- Quote from: Petey on December 22, 2011, 03:49:27 PM ---^^^^^ Hey Red, you have any eligability left??  ;D

GOOOOOOOO  GUINS!!!!!!!

--- End quote ---

I'd have to give up my AARP card LOL!!

ysufan0505:
Terry Johnson looks real good on film. Should be a big contributor on defense next year, wish we could of had him last year. Just another reason why i think a switch to the 3-4 would help us becauase of our great young LB's. Only thing is, do we really have that big, tough DT to take up space in the middle?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version