YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Buckley leads Toledo past Youngstown State 86-77

<< < (2/3) > >>

Pita:
Good grief you guys.....one of these days you are going
to count your blessings with the like of Ron Strollo.
Trust me when I tell you, when he is gone, you shall
be crying in your beer.  Then to you, I'll say "TOO BAD".

GO PENGUINS

OleYSUfan:
YSU will always be near the bottom of the league with Coaches like Slocum, he is probably a good Div.11 coach, but to be a winner in Div.1 you need extremely good coaches. Look at the College of Charleston in South Carolina. They went out and hired Bobby Cremins a proven retired coach at Georgia Tech and look at their success. They beat Clemson and Tennessee away and have other major teams on their out of conference schedule. Cleveland State paid big bucks for their coach.

I don't think YSU will ever spend the $$ to hire a proven Div.1 BB coach or a Div.1 BB proven assistant coach. So we will continue to have lackluster win/lost records, poor schedules and poor attendance.

We do need to have more money games to help recruiting.

YsuPride:
OleYsuFan said it all to a tee.  If they can do it why not YSU?

YsuPride:
We play the least amount of money games than any Horizon League team yet we could sure use the money.  Doesn't make any sense at all but as long as local boy Strollo is at the top we will never see those games.  Since we lose to teams our caliber and below why not lose to a big time program and get some national recognition than can actually help recruiting.  Try telling recruits one of our big games is St. Francis while Cleveland St. plays big time programs at home.   The sorry beat rolls on!

guinpen:

--- Quote from: OleYSUfan on December 19, 2011, 12:38:58 PM ---YSU will always be near the bottom of the league with Coaches like Slocum, he is probably a good Div.11 coach, but to be a winner in Div.1 you need extremely good coaches. Look at the College of Charleston in South Carolina. They went out and hired Bobby Cremins a proven retired coach at Georgia Tech and look at their success. They beat Clemson and Tennessee away and have other major teams on their out of conference schedule. Cleveland State paid big bucks for their coach.

I don't think YSU will ever spend the $$ to hire a proven Div.1 BB coach or a Div.1 BB proven assistant coach. So we will continue to have lackluster win/lost records, poor schedules and poor attendance.

We do need to have more money games to help recruiting.

--- End quote ---

Not trying to knock Slocum here -

I believe that if if we took a leap of faith and hired a proven D1 coach and paid the staff as needed this is what would happen. We win 20 or more games every year, we challenge for the league title, we make the big dance and oh yes the fans get excited and fill the stands every game which means we would have the extra money to pay the coaching staff.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version