YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Buckley leads Toledo past Youngstown State 86-77

<< < (3/3)

ItalianPenguin:

--- Quote from: YsuPride on December 19, 2011, 06:04:20 PM ---OleYsuFan said it all to a tee.  If they can do it why not YSU?

--- End quote ---
What can we put you down for an amount of a donation? There is no money to spend. Football has it all. Why can't people understand that? There have been comments on another thread to get out of the MVC for football. What we actually need to do is get out of the Horizon in basketball. None of those schools spend any money on football, most don't even field a team. They spend it all on basketball.

pen4life:
Just watched the Akron game what a pathetic , inept effort. This team is truely embarassing.  YSU play was sloppy and they played like they knew from the tip off that they were an inferior product. Akron is not a great team but they are light years ahead of us in recruitment and player developement. 

Wick250:
We have five pretty good players, but two of them are forced to play out of position.  Worse, there are no Division I players coming off the bench.  Our five players can be exciting to watch, but we cannot compete with good or even decent teams because of a hopeless lack of depth.  I really hope those two kids that we signed early can play, or it is going to get really ugly again in about two years.

ELPENGUIN:
Just returned after watching one of the worst performances of YSU men's bb ever.  Very pathetic, uninspired effort, full of forced and unforced turnovers, non team playing, undisciplined offense, chaotic street ball basket ball playing ever.  To have the Akron coach come on the radio in the post game interview and say - YSU appeared to be saving their starting players (substituting them out of the game) for the Robert Morris game this Thursday. He said we had 3 tough games so far and YSU was pointing toward the Robert Morris "home game".  I hope this is not correct.  It can't be.

Watching Akron play the defense that they did on us was sad.  Akron contested every shot.  Akron doubled every 3 point shooter with effort and ease.  Akron forced turnover. We had no time to rest, react, contend.  Our defense was terrible and for the most part nonexistent. Our bench (not division one at all) is sad.  I am stopping my ranting here as I don't want to say much more because I will say the wrong thing.  I apologize to all of you but it hurts to see the non existent effort that I witnessed tonight.

I hope this is the bottom moment of the season and we can look up and make something out of the rest of the season.  If not, then teams like Robert Morris and the rest of the Horizon League will eat us for lunch.  An attitude change is in order!

As you can tell I am angry and wondering what to do next.  the question is just where does our basketball team belong?  What league?  Are we serious about basketball at YSU?

southbeach:
We are not interested in basketball ysu!!! I would suggest the PAC as conference more suitable for our
level of commitment to our program. I hope I did't offend any PAC supporters by saying that!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version