YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Memory Lane: 2006 James Madison Play-off Game

(1/3) > >>

IAA Fan:
I thought since it is finals week, we could start posts I will call "memory lane".  Thanks for the name Penny. This time it is the 2006 play-off game vs. JMU. Has to go down as our greatest postseason game ever ...or at least non-final play-off game.

My best memory was watching the TV broadcast afterwards and the announcer saying "someone please cover that guy". He was so involved in the game, and not a Penguin fan. Also, I thought we had a VERY bad spot on that fourth-down spot, but it was still enough. Then to see Heacock jump and the defense running off the field before the marker even hit the ground.  Then the huge roar as the injured Mason came out to the huddle. You just knew this thing was ours.

ysubigred:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on December 13, 2011, 12:39:17 PM ---I thought since it is finals week, we could start posts I will call "memory lane".  Thanks for the name Penny. This time it is the 1997 play-off game vs. JMU. Has to go down as our greatest postseason game ever ...or at least non-final play-off game.

My best memory was watching the TV broadcast afterwards and the announcer saying "someone please cover that guy". He was so involved in the game, and not a Penguin fan. Also, I thought we had a VERY bad spot on that fourth-down spot, but it was still enough. Then to see Heacock jump and the defense running off the field before the marker even hit the ground.  Then the huge roar as the injured Mason came out to the huddle. You just knew this thing was ours.

--- End quote ---

Umm.. Don't you mean 2006?  I know what you meant  ;) 97 was that wild azz Nova game :)

penguinpower:
Someone put this together on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jybDOs6iW6E

Kinda funny how he recorded his TV.  But I have to give him credit, he did a nice job with a clear lack of equipment.  Good YSU fan there.

I wonder if the athletic dept puts videos like this together.  They should do a compilation of of the NC's and big games over the years.  I would certainly purchase it.

Tigertown Big J:
Still pop in the VHS of that 06 game every once in a while.  Great finish.  I was on the field for it, awesome atmosphere.

IAA Fan:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version