YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Basketball at WSU

<< < (3/4) > >>

IAA Fan:
This game was really a chore to watch. Then to lose ...ughh! The entire second half was wait for the three, shoot, miss, long rebound WSU, drive to the basket, 2-points WSU. That was why we had 2-fouls to give. WSU was going to the basket at will with the good guys still looking for the offensive rebound off the three. I agree though Indy. I thought it went in as well.

Pita:
Something is missing with our team.  Not absolutely sure what it is.  Not
coaching I am convinced of that.  We just can't seem to get it done; is that
lack of confidence?  Lack of know how?  Lack of enthusiasm?  I cannot come
to any conclusion.  I am still convinced Coach Slocum is good....IMO, the best
since Dom Rosselli, not as good as, but right next to.  Geez, I was so encouraged
after we beat Detroit.....WE CERTAINLY SHOULD HAVE WON THIS ONE.

GO PENGUINS

IAA Fan:
DAYTON, Ohio (AP)—A.J. Pacher scored 16 points and Armond Battle added 13 to help Wright State rally and beat Youngstown State 63-62 on Saturday.

Wright State (3-5, 1-1 Horizon League) trailed 56-52 after Youngstown State’s Kendrick Perry knocked down a jumper. The Raiders fought back, taking a two point lead, 59-57, behind a layup by Battle with 3:40 left to play.

Pacher hit a 3-pointer to extend Wright State’s lead to five, 62-57, but Perry knocked down two free throws and Blake Allen hit a 3-pointer of his own to tie the game 62-62 with 1:32 remaining in the half.

Battle made a free throw with 1 second remaining to seal the victory for Wright State.

Wright State trailed by as many as 17.

Youngstown State (5-2, 1-1) outscored Wright State 38-32 in the first half but fell behind in the second, shooting 28 percent (7 of 25) from the field.

Big D:

--- Quote from: Pita on December 03, 2011, 06:59:41 PM ---Something is missing with our team.  Not absolutely sure what it is. 
--- End quote ---

Depth.  WSU was running players in and out of the game while YSU went primarily with their starting 5.  Once WSU started pushing the ball up the court more and forced YSU to run with them, YSU's shooters lost their legs and couldn't make shots.  YSU is 2-3 contirbuting bench players away from being really really good.  I think your starting 5 was much better than CSU's starting 5. 

ItalianPenguin:
Pita--we're 5-2. Big D is right--as of now we lack depth but are light years ahead of where we were a few years ago. The only thing else missing is butts in the seats. We've won an OT game, a game by one, and a game by three. Relax. Take Ray for a walk!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version