YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU vs Detriot

<< < (4/5) > >>

ysuindy:

--- Quote from: YSUGO on December 01, 2011, 10:59:59 PM ---Watched game on internet...I know my eye sight is bad i thought we looked very small...and if Detroit was down a few players why weren't we trying to play a little more up tempo? Seems like Detroit would want to slow the game down?

--- End quote ---

That was my initial thoughts as well.  But in looking at the stats YSU is not a very deep team right now.  All give starters average at least 31.2 minutes per game and Blake Allen is playing 38.3 mpg.  Chojnacki (12.3) is the only bench player averaging more than 10 minutes a game.

YsuPride:
By mid-year the starters are going to run out of gas unless we can get more minutes and scoring from our bench.  Our starters can compete with any league team but the bench is a huge drop-off.  Not impressed with Chonacki.

OleYSUfan:
I agree with you about Chojnacki, he sure does not impress me. He played 17 minutes against Detroit had 1 rebound and was 0-2 shooting. He is totally lost out there. Slocom is trying to get a big man to help out for future games, but Josh has a long, long way to go to help us in horizon league competition. :-\

YsuPride:
Our remaining 1 or 2 scholarships for next year need to be post players 6-8 of bigger. 

ysubigred:

--- Quote from: YsuPride on December 02, 2011, 10:51:23 AM ---Our remaining 1 or 2 scholarships for next year need to be post players 6-8 of bigger.

--- End quote ---
Easy find.  Plenty of the 6-8 types out there that wants to come to Y-town for roundball  :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version