Author Topic: Message to Strollo  (Read 6179 times)

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Message to Strollo
« on: November 21, 2011, 09:49:42 AM »
Ron,

Please consider leaving the MFVC.  They do not get any national respect.  The CAA was down this year and got 5 teams in the playoffs.  Illinois State got screwed.  There is no way that a 7 win CAA team was as good as a 7 win MFVC this year.  It is statistically imposible that 5 teams from the CAA can get in 2 years in a row.  They are not that good from top to bottom this year.  Last year yes. 

The commissioner holds no clout nationally.  She changed the name of a football conference to that of a basketball conference.  Most people from Y-Town could give a sh** less about basketball.  This is a total embarrasement  and another failure by an inept person running the conference.

You shouldn't have to win the conference to thave the oppotunity to play in the playoffs.  That is what it boils down to if you play in the MVFC or whatever you call it.   Failure after failure by the commisioner in shaping the reputation of the conference.  She has no presence what so ever.

The CAA is a better fit for traveling fans.  With the addition of another Dakota team it is only going to get worse.  This is ridiculus.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 09:58:35 AM by penguinpower »

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Message to Strollo
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 09:59:40 AM »
Ron,

Please consider leaving the MFVC.  They do not get any national respect.  The CAA was down this year and got 5 teams.  Illinois State got screwed.  There is not way that a 7 win CAA teams was as good as a 7 win MFVC.  It is statistically imposible that 5 teams from the CAA can get in 2 years in a row.  They are not that good from top to bottom this year.  Last year yes. 

The commissioner holds no clout nationally.  She changed the name of a football conference to that of a basketball conference.  Most people from Y-Town could give a sh** less about basketball.  This is a total embarrasement  and another failure by an inept person running the conference.

You shouldn't have to win the conference to thave the oppotunity to play in the playoffs.  That is what it boils down to if you play in the MVFC or whatever you call it.   Failure after failure by the commisioner.  She has no presence wha tso ever.

The CAA is a better fit for traveling fans.  With the addition of another Dakota team it is only going to get worse.  This is ridiculus.

Give it up PP!!  YSU has no $$ and we have no fan support to come out to the games as it is to help fund any move.  FYI.. ILL State did not get screwed.  Their SOS compared to EKU is not as good.  Face it, the Valley is the Big Ten of 1FCS.  Until our conference win's some Championships we're going to get what they give us.  I'm sick of hearing how the Valley is such a strong conference top to bottom.  The facts are the playoff history and the OOC schedules/losses.  The only teams lately to do us proud is NDSU and SDSU beating up on a weak azz Big Ten Minnesota team.  What has the Valley done lately??  WKU 2002  >:(

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 12:14:46 PM »
Ron,

Please consider leaving the MFVC.  They do not get any national respect.  The CAA was down this year and got 5 teams.  Illinois State got screwed.  There is not way that a 7 win CAA teams was as good as a 7 win MFVC.  It is statistically imposible that 5 teams from the CAA can get in 2 years in a row.  They are not that good from top to bottom this year.  Last year yes. 

You shouldn't have to win the conference to thave the oppotunity to play in the playoffs.  That is what it boils down to if you play in the MVFC or whatever you call it.   Failure after failure by the commisioner.  She has no presence wha tso ever.

Give it up PP!!  YSU has no $$ and we have no fan support to come out to the games as it is to help fund any move.  FYI.. ILL State did not get screwed.  Their SOS compared to EKU is not as good.  Face it, the Valley is the Big Ten of 1FCS.  Until our conference win's some Championships we're going to get what they give us.  I'm sick of hearing how the Valley is such a strong conference top to bottom.  The facts are the playoff history and the OOC schedules/losses.  The only teams lately to do us proud is NDSU and SDSU beating up on a weak azz Big Ten Minnesota team.  What has the Valley done lately??  WKU 2002  >:(

I think that you are forgetting that NDSU was an "afterthought" in last year's play-off, and ended up winning 2-rounds ...and was "robbed" against eventual champ EWU in the semis. SO the conference has certainly proven itself. However it we are going to move, then the MAC is a better fit. No national championship though.

Offline A Penguin-Husky

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 07:01:58 AM »
I spoke with AD at game last night.  YSU had a lock on playoff until we lost.  It did not matter what Indiana State did.  We would have played James Madison at home.   Illinois State had 4 loses against FBS teams and since they didn't play a BCS team they were looked at like a 6-5 compared to the others.  They really had to beat UNI to get in.  Overall, the field of 20 was not as strong as last year.  The last selections became a matter of who can we find to get in rather than who gets eliminated from the tournament.

Never put yourself in position of having to win last game.  No question in my mind, but too many of players thought game over at half time.  Maybe this is blessing in disguise as team weaknesses came to light when a win was a must.  Overall it is a young team and 18-19 year old kids will hopefully mature and realize their mistakes and correct them.  (Also would help to have some coaching improvement.).  Next year is the measurement year for this regime.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 10:21:04 AM »
That is exactly how I had it figured as well ...although I am very upset that there were 5 selections from the CAA, but I thought we would have CAA #4 here in the Castle. Or, I thought we would travel to #2 in the SoCon or SLC.

Offline Pizza

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2011, 12:11:41 AM »
Strollo isn't the issue......ever speak with him....about important matters?

He does just fine......he's exceptional actually......... and he's a YSU "guy".

Strollo......needs to stay......his coaches.....need to step up.

Offline HLecter

• Emperor Penguin
  • I HATE MIAMI.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2011, 11:44:02 AM »
Strollo isn't the issue......ever speak with him....about important matters?

He does just fine......he's exceptional actually......... and he's a YSU "guy".

Strollo......needs to stay......his coaches.....need to step up.

+1   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I HATE MIAMI.  WATERBOARDING IS NOT TORTURE.  ABORTION IS.

I missed a four-footer for par the other day--THAT DAMN BUSH!