YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Wolford

<< < (2/7) > >>

ysuguins4:
Patience young padawan.

HappyPenguin:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on November 17, 2011, 11:24:05 AM ---I agree on Wolf ...no extension quite yet. My biggest concern is keeping Montgomery. Lots of HC's out there ...but this offense is something special. If anyone is getting a big offer ...it is Shane.

--- End quote ---
I agree 100%....Montgomery is going to be an attractive candidate this upcoming offseason I hope we can keep him.

ysubigred:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on November 17, 2011, 11:24:05 AM ---I agree on Wolf ...no extension quite yet. My biggest concern is keeping Montgomery. Lots of HC's out there ...but this offense is something special. If anyone is getting a big offer ...it is Shane.

--- End quote ---

Why don't I see the something special offense??  Big numbers against the blind center and Jerry's kids and between the 20's.  "BUT"!!  Mich State 6 points. NDSU 27 points (a Win by the Defense). UNI 17 points 28 points vs. SDSU!!  When the competition is tough I don't see where Shane M is such an Offensive Genius ???

ysuindy:
This athletic department has put itself in bad situations too often in the past by awarding contract extensions to coaches early in their tenure for results that are far short of what YSU's ultimate goal should be (whether it  be football or basketball).

A 7-4 season that may or not earn a playoff berth shouldn't result in a long term extension.  If YSU gets in and makes a run in to late December or January - different story.  But YSU can't afford to be buying coaches out - the $$ just aren't there.  Lets remember that both the head coach and assistant coaches saw a significant bump in $ over what YSU had historically paid.  Whether that was good or bad is not at debate here - simply brought up to point out that a bad extension would be financially crippling to YSU.

I share the view of several below - we should be hoping to have coaches successful enough to turn the YSU head coaching job in to a job at a higher level - whatever level that might be.  I would much rather be replacing coaches who have led YSU to post-season success than coaches who have not put enough wins on the board.  I feel this way for football and both basketball jobs.

penguinpower:
I can see Wolf and company (coaches) going to K-State when Bill Snyder retires in a couple of years.  We probably won't have him for 5 years IMOP.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version