YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

MVFC will not get 4 teams into the playoffs

<< < (3/4) > >>

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: penguinpower on November 14, 2011, 04:34:12 PM ---Yes I know that 21.

How many times have we been left out with an 8-3 record?  Too many is the answer. 7 won't cut it for YSU. We have to win 9

Trust me.

--- End quote ---

20 teams now ...not 16. You are right though ...we have not been there in a while, so we have to be clearly "better".

GOpenZ:
If we win Saturday, I see this happening when YSU is brought up in to the selection committee:

For: "They have two quality wins, and two close losses on the road to quality competition, and a good showing versus Michigan State. "

Against: "However they did lose to SDSU".

For: "Okay well name your pick above them?"

Against: "Well, err...let's just put them in or move on".

I don;t see any extended conversation beyond that.  Hence I agree that me must work to put up as many points as possibly this week, even if we have to give up a few extra.  IMO as we sit today before the last week of the season is played, we are still underdogs and have a less than 10% shot of getting in.

Z

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: GOpenZ on November 16, 2011, 07:55:45 AM ---If we win Saturday, I see this happening when YSU is brought up in to the selection committee:

For: "They have two quality wins, and two close losses on the road to quality competition, and a good showing versus Michigan State. "

Against: "However they did lose to SDSU".

For: "Okay well name your pick above them?"

Against: "Well, err...let's just put them in or move on".

I don;t see any extended conversation beyond that.  Hence I agree that me must work to put up as many points as possibly this week, even if we have to give up a few extra.  IMO as we sit today before the last week of the season is played, we are still underdogs and have a less than 10% shot of getting in.

Z

--- End quote ---

Good comment PenZ, but I was thinking that we would need to tighten up on D as well. We gave up points to teams we should not have:

We gave up 23 to SFU, so we need to beat this.
Also,
38-13 ILS over SMS
43-36 SDSU over SMS
Northern Iowa over SMS 42-7
NDSU over SMS 51-21

SMS is improving every week, let just win the game and let the chips fall. However, Let's hope for margins better than NDSU and UNI.

HLecter:
We are all wasting our breath and typing fingers if UNI loses!

In that scenario Ind St. goes via the win over us.  Nobody is gonna care we beat NDSU on the road.

Shakir Bell and Indiana St will be the pick.

I agree with Pen Power, we will get screwed over.  And I'm certainly not even counting on getting 4 in from the league.

We've been down this road before.

ysuguins4:

--- Quote from: ysubigred on November 14, 2011, 10:16:34 PM ---
--- Quote from: penguinpower on November 14, 2011, 04:34:12 PM ---Yes I know that 21.

How many times have we been left out with an 8-3 record?  Too many is the answer. 7 won't cut it for YSU. We have to win 9

Trust me.

--- End quote ---

The years YSU was left out at 8-3 we only had 6 D1 wins.  1st rule of getting in the playoffs is 7 D1 wins. Sickens me to think we wasted two games this year against competition just a little bit better than a Mooney HS team but we achieved the D1 win status.

--- End quote ---
In 2005 we had 7 D1 wins.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version