Author Topic: full house saturday  (Read 6131 times)

Offline Train

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
full house saturday
« on: November 13, 2011, 08:18:24 AM »
the weather is going to be beautiful on saturday...tbis team and coaches deserve a full
house....what can we all do to make that happen...?.....

what can the administration do to make this happen,,?....

fear the guins....noone wants to see us make the playoffs.....this team is primed for a run right
now...need a blowout win sat...and some help...!....but it is well within reach...who would have thought
after the ind st game that we wluld rally the way this team has....

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: full house saturday
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 08:46:56 AM »
The athletic dept needs to market the hell out of this game starting Today.  Put full page color ads in the Vindy and get some TV advertisement  made up hyping the final game and playoff possiblities.  Cut the remaining tickets to $5.00 or buy one get one free.  Come on athletic dept and the marketing team get off your butts and get a plan TODAY!   Since we are on 570WKBN then have the talk show hosts do a few remotes from campus promoting the game and ticket sales.    Lets go Strollo.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 08:48:19 AM »
Forgot to mention that we need every student possible out at the game.

Offline DavedS

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 02:04:27 PM »
Doubt if we get a good crowd on Saturday but I sure hope I'm wrong--but on the bright side I forsee the bandwagon getting full next year as I'm sure Wolf will recruit talent that fixes our weaknesses.

Offline Train

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2011, 05:27:55 PM »
the future is now....!!...the playoffs are about runs....this team is capable of beating anyone..
it has been a while since we have been able to say that around here...they just walked into the
#1 team in the lands goofy dome and got W...

these coaches are all in....it is an extremely stressful job...happy for the whole program...and the
city of youngstown and surrounding areas...

start a grass roots effort and lets get some asses in the seats..
players...get the student body into it...
fans...coaches....atletic dept spread the fever....like the idea of givin tix away....five dollar tix...
advertise the hell out of this game....

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2011, 05:38:07 PM »
Train,

I'm with you buddy, and I will certainly do my part among friends and associates.  But don't get your hopes up.  What you propose requires hard work.  That is not a commodity in which athletic department employees excel.

Offline Train

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2011, 05:45:41 PM »
thats to bad...i would like to think thats not the case....this is a fun team to watch...
in a great stadium..fun tailgate lots....come on people...lets get out....i have watched
and been around a lot of football....this team is young...getting better fast...and is going
to be around for a while...this next recruiting class is solid...again...stackin talent...

Get on the bandwagon ....!!!.....timing is perfect...!!......

Offline Train

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2011, 05:52:01 PM »
dear athletic dept....

all kids 18 and under that walks into  game puts  name in drawing...give the kids
the jerseys of the teams back after game...announce winning names at halftime real fast...
would only take a few minutes....or put a big list together for people to check on way out of
 game.....

need to get the younger generations into ysu sports...so many kids within a thirty minute drive
that could go to games with ease....

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2011, 08:59:14 PM »
Train you got some great ideas.   I have gotten 2 extra fans to come with my group this weekend.

Offline Train

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2011, 09:08:44 PM »
were packin tne house...gettin the word out on facebook...have some second
cousins that are currently ysu students...trying to get them to rally the troops...
does not tkae much...!....athl dept should get some white t shirts...and just put a
red Y on the front..would cost them less then two bucks a piece...sell them for
three if you have to...and make a buck....not going to find a college kid pass up
a three dollar t shirt,,,

the pitt pens do that every year at the end with jerseys....great promo....