YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

PLAY-OFF POSSIBILITIES

<< < (2/4) > >>

GOpenZ:
Lets enjoy this win tonight...but take care of business on Saturday!!  I don't know that I can pull myself to root for uni.  But I think if they can put away the redbirds, we should get the nod over them.  But the sycamores may have a claim too.  I wish I had more faith in those choosing the elite 20.

Z

Wick250:
The 20 playoff teams will be chosen by a selection committee consisting of eight athletic directors (don't think they added two more from the NEC and Big South....Indy would know.)  One of those committee members is in the third year of his four year term.  Goes by the name of Ron Strollo.

Here is what we want to happen next Saturday:

Wofford (now 7-3) is at Chattanooga.  If they lose, they would lack seven DI wins and would be eliminated (if the committee abides by its seven DI win requirement.)  That would restrict the Southern Conference to two teams, a very good thing for us.

From the MEAC, Norfolk State looks like they have the auto bid, but 8-3 teams Florida AM and Bethune Cookman play next week.  If the committee takes the winner as a second MEAC team, that would be very bad for us.

Should only be one from the Patriot League and the OVC.  Again, that helps.

Of course should Southern Illinois knock off Indiana State on the road, that would be tremendous.  We also need Northern Iowa to take down Illinois State on the road.  One of these is imperative for us.

YsuPride:
I don't think it matters who wins or loses between UNI, ISU, and Ill st.   The comittee will look at the CAA and Southern as they always do.  Not fair but that is reality.  We do have two quality wins over NDSU and Ill. st.  which may help.  One catch though-We need to beat the living crap out of Miss. St Saturday for any chance.  They are 1-9 and if we only win a close game then no playoffs. 

Ysu needs to pound Missouri St. by at least 30 for any consideration. 

So far the weather for next Saturday looks to be around 50 degrees and cloudy so get your butts to the game. 

Go guins!

YsuPride:
Even if we don't make the playoffs this season next year should be the year of 8-9 wins at least.  We get the top teams in the league at home next year and return just about everyone. 

penguinpower:
We play in a strong conference. The MVFC is better than the CAA this year. The Southern Conference and the MVFC are the top 2 followed by the Big Sky. We just beat the #1 team in the country. We also beat #14 Illinois state. We will have 7 division 1 wins if we win next week. The way we have played other teams and the way we continue to improve insnt hurting our case. The fact that UNI jus beat Southern Utah helps our conference strength argument. Finally, we have been shafted in the past, especially when the head of the committee was from the CAA. Strollo sits on the committee now.  Nothing like a little influence to help our case. We need to grease the wheels with regard to our argument starting NOW.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version