YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

PLAY-OFF POSSIBILITIES

<< < (3/4) > >>

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: YsuPride on November 13, 2011, 08:36:54 AM ---We need to beat the living crap out of Miss. St Saturday for any chance.  They are 1-9 and if we only win a close game then no playoffs. 

Ysu needs to pound Missouri St. by at least 30 for any consideration. 

So far the weather for next Saturday looks to be around 50 degrees and cloudy so get your butts to the game. 

Go guins!

--- End quote ---

This is all that needs said. Great post Pride!

ysuindy:

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?99422-Playoff-Selection-Committee/page2&s=09c72d1914484ba5bd9e0b8e793a9f84

Wick - based on this post, the committee is now 11 - with the NEC, Big South and Pioneer included.

The Robert Moris AD appears to be the chair.

I imagine this works like the basketball committee - when YSU is discussed, Strollo will need to leave the room.

As others have said, the only thing in YSU's control now is to go beat the crap out of Missouri State.  Although I am sure we will get the weekly wailing about the polls tomorrow.   ;D

ysuindy:
In addition to the Chattanooga over Wofford desired result below, it would seem getting Maine (who will be in) to beat New Hampshire (now 7-3) would help YSU.  UNH would have 7 division I wins as well.  Clearly the more teams that end at 7 wins instead of 8 is beneficial.

penguinpower:
When you win counts as well. A late season loss hurts more. We should know that from experience from being shafted by the committee over a decade

Wick250:
Let me run this by everyone.  Tell me if it makes any sense.

Scenario one: Northern Iowa beats Illinois State.  Illinois State is done since they would finish 7-4 without a FBS loss.  YSU and Indiana State get the league's third and fourth bids.

Scenario two: Illinois State wins and ties Northern Iowa at 6-2 (8-3.)  But that puts Indiana State out and not us, and here is my reasoning.  The playoff committee is not bound by head-to-head results (unless such things determine the auto bid.)  Yes, Indiana State beats us by two points early in the year and has a good win against Western Kentucky.  But they also would have lost all three games to the MVFC champion, NDSU, and to the two MVFC second place teams, Northern Iowa and Illinois State.  If YSU does not make the playoffs, Indiana State would have NO wins over playoff teams.  Conversely, YSU goes 2-1 against the three best teams in the league.  Is that a compelling case for the fourth league bid, which I think will come?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version