Author Topic: Northern Iowa rallies past Youngstown State 21-17  (Read 17683 times)

Offline Pita

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Northern Iowa rallies past Youngstown State 21-17
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2011, 05:32:23 PM »
I would say....."HOORAY", however, doubtful it will happen.

GO PENGUINS

Offline YSUfan21

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2011, 11:17:23 PM »
the last 25 seconds of the 1st half is the reason we lost
that simple

You're full of crap.  A pressure buckling QB "Passes 17-35-2 int's" and an ineffective "O" that can't catch a pass lost this game.  The D held them to 30 yards rushing!  DEFENSE always beats OFFENSE.

no im not full of crap your just one of the most ignorant least knowledgeable posters i have ever seen in my lifetime

Defense NEVER beats offense, Never in CFB has it happened, Never will. thats a 100% fact.  letting a team score ANY time they needed to will get you beat

its ok though, your a child who just argues no matter how often your always proven wrong, your opinion is irrelevent

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2011, 12:42:01 AM »
that simple

You're full of crap.  A pressure buckling QB "Passes 17-35-2 int's" and an ineffective "O" that can't catch a pass lost this game.  The D held them to 30 yards rushing!  DEFENSE always beats OFFENSE.

no im not full of crap your just one of the most ignorant least knowledgeable posters i have ever seen in my lifetime

Defense NEVER beats offense, Never in CFB has it happened, Never will. thats a 100% fact.  letting a team score ANY time they needed to will get you beat

its ok though, your a child who just argues no matter how often your always proven wrong, your opinion is irrelevent

LOL. Are you trying to be funny?  Wow!

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2011, 07:56:11 AM »
that simple

I forgot more about football than you know  ;) 

Just for the sake of arguing I'll say both "O" and "D" could have done better just the "O" Sucked more.

Since Offense is king!! Can someone check how many time over the last two years the offense had the ball with a chance to win or tie and blow it? Indy!! You are the best at this I know on the board. 

Thanks in advance.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2011, 11:42:39 AM »
Are you guys forgetting that everyone has their own personalities as well?  ::) No need to attack, this is great topic O vs D.

Both are equally important. However, the best that a defense can do is allow the opponent zero points. Therefore a 0-0 tie is the worst case scenario. However, if a D can hold your opponent to zero points, they could win with a safety.

Therefore defense could win the game all on it's own. Meanwhile, offense can never win a game on it's own. At the very least it needs the luck of the clock to offer them the last possession. It also assumes that special teams are in place, unless you go for two-points after every score (which will have to be a TD).

So, all this being said, the O has to hope for at least one stop by the defense. Where the D never has to hope for a score by the O, but don't you think it does make the task easier  ;)

IMO: a good offense can win a game ...a good defense makes a winning season. It adds consistency.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 11:44:35 AM by IAA Fan »

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2011, 12:00:39 PM »
You are missing the fact that the Defense can score on an INT or fumble recovery for a TD (as long as ther is no showboating before reaching the endzone).
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 12:15:45 PM by penguinpower »

Offline GoGuins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2011, 10:53:38 AM »
that simple

YsuFan21 = YngAir....has to be the same guy

Offline GoGuins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2011, 10:55:43 AM »
that simple

LOL. Are you trying to be funny?  Wow!

The sad thing is he's serious!