YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Northern Iowa rallies past Youngstown State 21-17

<< < (3/5) > >>

penguinpower:
And by the way, I am not saying that the fans can't be critical of the coaching staff, i am just saying that the progress has been very noticeable and and that we need to back off for now and simply support the team and coaches.

ysubigred:

--- Quote from: YSUfan21 on November 06, 2011, 08:57:28 AM ---the last 25 seconds of the 1st half is the reason we lost
that simple

--- End quote ---

You're full of crap.  A pressure buckling QB "Passes 17-35-2 int's" and an ineffective "O" that can't catch a pass lost this game.  The D held them to 30 yards rushing!  DEFENSE always beats OFFENSE.

YTOWNALUM:
We can all sit here and talk how good we will be.  It's the same thing every year.  "We should be a 7 win team right now", "Defense killed us", and "We will be a powerhouse next year".  The fact of the matter is nothing has changed in these past 2 years.  We are still losing games and will not make the playoffs. We need to stop making excuses and just get it done.  Losing to Indiana State and SDSU should not be accepted here any longer.   

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: ysubigred on November 07, 2011, 08:40:28 AM ---
--- Quote from: YSUfan21 on November 06, 2011, 08:57:28 AM ---the last 25 seconds of the 1st half is the reason we lost
that simple

--- End quote ---

You're full of crap.  A pressure buckling QB "Passes 17-35-2 int's" and an ineffective "O" that can't catch a pass lost this game.  The D held them to 30 yards rushing!  DEFENSE always beats OFFENSE.

--- End quote ---

I think you guys are both saying the same thing here. The D let that score happen AND Hess was certainly less effective the second half; with an additional two drops that killed us. On the other had, we should have tried the bomb very early in the first half ...before they stepped up pressure ...this would have kept them back.

The one thing I noticed about Hess. SDSU and UNI both gave the look of pressure from the outside, then pushed through the middle as Hess was stepping up out of the pocket. So Kurt was afraid to scramble to the outside & they knew where he was going to go each time. I would not mind seeing some "REAL" no-huddle. Come out in the second half and not give the opposing defense a chance to set their feet. Two-back set. Hit them with a continuous doses of Bellamy, followed by dropping Cooke in there to bust a big one. Maybe a coupel of pattern passes (but I am always afraid of the INT with those). This running  would take NDSU out of blitzing, or surrender too many yards per carry. I will take either one. If they back off, Hess has time to call his offense. If they do not back off, our O line has proven very enduring this season, we will just shove it at them. That was our biggest asset the MSU game. Both the announcer for the Big-10 network liked how we varied the tempo & kept possession.

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: YTOWNALUM on November 07, 2011, 12:52:13 PM ---We can all sit here and talk how good we will be.  It's the same thing every year.  "We should be a 7 win team right now", "Defense killed us", and "We will be a powerhouse next year".  The fact of the matter is nothing has changed in these past 2 years.  We are still losing games and will not make the playoffs. We need to stop making excuses and just get it done.  Losing to Indiana State and SDSU should not be accepted here any longer.   

--- End quote ---

What would you say if we beat NDSU and Missouri State and make it into the playoffs?  We beat #14 Illinois State and if we beat #1 NDSU we would have wins over two ranked teams and 7 Divison 1 wins.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version