YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Attendance this year for YSU football?

(1/4) > >>

YSUGO:
Whats going on? is it the weather? Economy? Honestly my fiance's company couldnt give away tickets and tailgate passes for the homecoming game. thoughts?

ItalianPenguin:
Excellent question Go and one I've thought about myself. Yesterday was the only day the weather wasn't real good this year. We also have people who have tailgaited with us for years that don't go anymore. People got spoiled with the championships in the 90's and our recent playoff drought has them doing other things now. Tressel to O$U made new O$U fans who stayed home when the Blackeyes were on TV. But in reality there shouldn't be any good excuses. It's not like there's anything else to do around here. The worst part of it is that it is very damaging to the University's money situation as the athletic dept. depends on the football revenue to survive. And this is a bandwagon town. Guess we'll have to win another title to bring some of them back. And bigred wants to go to the Big East ??? ???

IAA Fan:
Good topic.
Weather for this past weekend.
I also feel level of competition has something to do with it. We had great crowds for ILS and SDSU.

ELPENGUIN:
Weather mostly kept the crowd down.  Playoff games will get the crowds coming. Fans getting older, cultivating younger fans lacking. Opponents that one does not identify with. Just a few reasons.

guinpen:
Once again the crowd was embarrassing, several reasons for that, none of them good reasons mind you.

I feel that we have 4000 to 5000 true hardcore fans that will be there no matter the weather, the record or who else is on tv.  Even in the 90's it took years before the really big crowds were there every game. Lots of folks jumped on the bandwagon because it became the thing to do in Ytown. The cool place to be and party.

I don't care is we are playing Notre Dame or Thiel the reason for being in the stands is because YSU is playing.

The only way to get them back is too win and win and win.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version