YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU to the Big East??

<< < (4/7) > >>

penguinpower:
This thread should be renamed 'Pipe Dream'

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: ysubigred on October 26, 2011, 10:30:45 AM ---
--- Quote from: Train on October 26, 2011, 09:00:05 AM ---they won't pay $10 to see St. Francis.....but I think they would to see Big East teams....and they would fill up the visitors side...

--- End quote ---
Another hurdle to think about is the 30k seat requirement for a 1BCS stadium.  Funds are always an issue especially with the economy. Where is the $$ going to come from to add onto Stambaugh?  You'd think in the long run with all the travel costs associated with heading to the Dakota's etc.. more butts in the seats at the Ice Castle and the TV revenue's from ESPN for Tues, Thursday night games it would make sense monetarily in the long run. 
 I'll miss the playoff's but in the MVFC if your not 1 or 2 you may not see the playoff's!!  :o

--- End quote ---

YBR ...it used to be 30k seats or 17k attendance. It is now 15k attendance only ...no seating requirments. Many schools in MAC and Sun were "grandfathered" back to the 30k requirement to keep them IA ...but that is changing as well.

nova75:
With those stellar graduation rates, perhaps the Ivy League may come calling.  ;) ;D

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: Henguin on October 26, 2011, 02:06:51 PM ---Rutgers and UConn are trying to bail from the Big East. Doesn't leave much. Here in Delaware, Blue Hen fans for the most part want to stay FCS in the CAA rather than make any move. Best to wait til the dust settles. Bigger changes may be on the horizon.

--- End quote ---

The key word there being "Horizon". Basketball dictates conference moves. When it doesn't ...you can use marshall as an example

YSUGO:
We don't have the cash...our fanbase has shrunk ...sadly we are stuck in a league that i feel could careless that we are in it...

If we moved I would love the CAA...but my small contribution to the penguinclub wont get us there!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version