YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU to the Big East??

<< < (3/7) > >>

GOpenZ:
Everyone has hopes and dreams to move up and become more prominent and well-known on a national stage.  Timing is critical.  However, this is a highly transitional time period for many teams and conferences, and I like to entertain the ideas of moving a program forward.

However, all the moves at the FBS level are being made to make teams more and more money.  And I am not sure how many of the university presidents and AD's have really taken a clear look at what is happening in this ever changing landscape. But I don't think the number is very high and it is likely that many of these teams will lose out over time.  Boise State may be one of the only teams that is looking to move forward in a manner in which they don't grow too rapidly and lose out what they have gained over a period since the late 1980s when started their rise in 1-AA.

As for the "rebuilding" Big East...who else would they be building with? Other FCS schools?  It would give teams moving up the chance to get 6 wins in their first year, but will the BCS "X" out their automatic bid?

Is the MAC or Conference USA a good fit? Of course all of the teams in the MAC would make it easier for a fan to drive to the game but what do the other teams in these conferences think?  And we may have a chance to win the East division of Conference USA.  Would it make it tougher on recruiting for other schools or YSU?  Would Kent State or Akron really want us in? And the major question before any decision in the post mortgage fall-out...Can we afford it?

I like the idea of moving up and understand that we should be looking outside the MVFC for a transition as soon as practical, but right now may not be the right time to move up to FBS.  Unless we get an offer that we can not refuse.

Z

ysubigred:

--- Quote from: GOpenZ on October 26, 2011, 01:10:03 PM ---Everyone has hopes and dreams to move up and become more prominent and well-known on a national stage.  Timing is critical.  However, this is a highly transitional time period for many teams and conferences, and I like to entertain the ideas of moving a program forward.

However, all the moves at the FBS level are being made to make teams more and more money.  And I am not sure how many of the university presidents and AD's have really taken a clear look at what is happening in this ever changing landscape. But I don't think the number is very high and it is likely that many of these teams will lose out over time.  Boise State may be one of the only teams that is looking to move forward in a manner in which they don't grow too rapidly and lose out what they have gained over a period since the late 1980s when started their rise in 1-AA.

As for the "rebuilding" Big East...who else would they be building with? Other FCS schools?  It would give teams moving up the chance to get 6 wins in their first year, but will the BCS "X" out their automatic bid?

Is the MAC or Conference USA a good fit? Of course all of the teams in the MAC would make it easier for a fan to drive to the game but what do the other teams in these conferences think?  And we may have a chance to win the East division of Conference USA.  Would it make it tougher on recruiting for other schools or YSU?  Would Kent State or Akron really want us in? And the major question before any decision in the post mortgage fall-out...Can we afford it?

I like the idea of moving up and understand that we should be looking outside the MVFC for a transition as soon as practical, but right now may not be the right time to move up to FBS.  Unless we get an offer that we can not refuse.

Z

--- End quote ---

I like it. ^^^ Another voice of reason  fb

Henguin:
Rutgers and UConn are trying to bail from the Big East. Doesn't leave much. Here in Delaware, Blue Hen fans for the most part want to stay FCS in the CAA rather than make any move. Best to wait til the dust settles. Bigger changes may be on the horizon.

ysubigred:

--- Quote from: ItalianPenguin on October 26, 2011, 12:16:10 PM ---Most insane idea. Ever. Whatever bigred is smoking is obviously high-powered.

--- End quote ---

Ask Drac or Happy :)  I've got good stuff  :-*

ysubigred:

--- Quote from: penguinpower on October 26, 2011, 12:06:50 PM ---We can't even get people to join the Penguin Club.  How are we going to get the money year over year?  How?

--- End quote ---

Maybe joining a higher profile conference with the possibility of bringing a traveling fan base to the ICE Castle would bring the fun back to the stadium and this excitement would overflow to the PC.   :) 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version