YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

How YSU Offense Stacks up in the FCS so far

<< < (2/4) > >>

penguinpower:
The season is over if we lose again.  It is amazing that we are statistically better than, and have an equal record to some CAA teams and they get all of the pollster love.  Total bullsh**. 

We need the ranking to have a shot.  They don't respect Indiana State and they have done some great things including beating destroying an FBS team.

CAA has 9 I repeat NINE teams in the Top 25.  That is statistically impossible with the way college football is today.

IAA Fan:
AMEN! They cannot predict a winner, so they just rank them all. Then they wonder why schools are upset. The play-off should be 32-teams (20 will be better in my book), 8 (5) from each region, keep the conference auto-bids. If you want teams to be able to recruit, you cannot "stack the deck" in favor of the A-10/CAA. They say it is not being biased; yet I remember when hardly a single A-10 club played any OOC games outside of the Patriot League, and they were still getting 2 & 3 bids. The GFC was receiving one, then 2 only after we arrived. Heck in 1997 and 1999, it was 2 clubs from the GFC, and both made the semis each time. There was a GFC club in the final (YSU) each time. Even Heacock took an above average (as opposed to great) team to the semis. Sorry, I am venting these days ...must be pre-senior moments.

Pizza:
Over the last many years....YSU has lost a game or two......by 1 point, a field goal......or 7 points.....

To teams that end up ranked #3-6 in the country. And we get left out of the playoffs......while Robert Morris or St. Francis gets a bid?

penguinpower:
The reason that I posted this is because I was actually somewhat suprised to see that we outrank most of the FCS in offensive statistics.  With many teams scoring 30-40 points a game, I figured that we would be in the middle of the pack somewhere, however, we are not. 

We have a national title contender offense.  The defense is middle of the pack not at the bottom.  I just posted the teams ahead of YSU in most cases.  If this team can continue to improve on defense, we have a legitimate shot at the playoffs.  I mean LEGIT.   I think that NDSU will have trouble with our team speed on offense.  From my perspective UNI is going to be the challenge, but we can play with anyone.  If we could get up on UNI early and keep the foot on the gas pedal we can take them.  I really think we have a shot.

I believe what Wolford is saying.  The maturity will be the biggest question mark in all of this.  We are not out of it and the fans need to get their a$$ to the game because the team needs the support and we have a shot.

HappyPenguin:
Good points PP. Keep in mind also that NDSU didn't even score double-digits against SIU.

As long as we don't hurt ourselves with mistakes we can compete with anyone. Timely stops on defense and no turnovers commited and we can still make some noise this year.

We're still very young at a lot of positions so I realize this is a work-in-progress, but as many have stated seeing a constant improvement is the measuring stick for this staff. We may have turned a corner last week...we'll know soon enough.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version