YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

How YSU Offense Stacks up in the FCS so far

<< < (3/4) > >>

Dracula:
Defense wins championships.

ysubigred:

--- Quote from: Dracula on October 20, 2011, 07:49:02 PM ---Defense wins championships.

--- End quote ---

BRILLIANT!!!! You sir have football figured out  ;D

penguinpower:
I completely agree with the fact that defense wins championships, but Offense can be good enough to give the team a taste of post season play.  An extra game or 2 for the young defense would help in development for next year as well.

HappyPenguin:
This top-10 offense has exactly zero Sr's starting this week. Impressive.

GOpenZ:
I think our offense is set up to move the ball well with a smart quarterback making short high % throws, strong RB's and a coordinator who is not afraid to throw the ball deep now-and-then.  That way even if the home-run isnt there, it is another thing on the defense's mind...thus promoting the short routes and quick bubble screens.

Our offense has outgained the opponents by almost 25% additionall yardage. 2,769 versus 2,226
Our offense has also had 34 drives of 40+ yards or more compared to 24 by the opponents.

I believe our defense, still a work in progress, is doing well.  Not including the Michigan State or Valpo games, Total Yards by quarter for our opponents is as follows:

1st qtr      2nd qtr     3rd qtr     4th qtr
500           483          336          236

Total 2nd half production is only 37% of the Opponents total offense.  A case can be made for all of the following (1) our young defense not showing up in the first quarter, (2) good coaching adjustments, and (3) the opponent offensive unit wearing down.

Z

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version